Head unit..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Head unit..

Hey guys, I need to get a head unit for the e30. I do not need or want a cd player cause I never use it anyway. Basic requirements are as follows:
    mp3 input, aux..(just anything I can use to play my ipod!!!)
    lighting options..(similar lighting to the e30 lights, that nice amber color)
    cost effective..( college student budget, enough said)

I'm still searching threads and what not but I figure atleast 1 other person has had the same list of requirements. Thanks.
    Originally posted by csermonet47
    Vlad, you are handling this quite unprofessionally.

Also, you are a cock with tacky taste.

That is all.

USB and AUX,color match, decent quality, cheap: Pioneer DEH6300U: $130 at WalMart

"Mechless" decks are still oddly enough a bit of a premium yet, no clue why.

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Hmm looks quite nice. Got another few questions, I got the dvc obcon and I was wondering what amp i should match up with it. I will probably run the premium system tweeters but I don't know what speakers I should run with the current list of components I am accumulating. Would it be easier to just source a complete e30 premium system or is going aftermarket better. Sorry for the noob questions but I know nothing about audio.

That is all.

Comment

Well, if you have the DVC, you want a mono amp for it.

If you used the Pioneer and a 5 channel Jensen you would be done for power/performance basically forever. That combo is absolutely stunning for just about nothing, even if you had stock PS speakers. The crosovers in them would be the big power handling limitation. If you had damn near any aftermarket speaker (12db/oct crossovers come with them usually) your car would piss off all your buddies who spent thousands.
        Get your cables from monoprice.com, you want the premium RCAs. You will need 2 sets.

That Pioneer has 2 pair of outputs, so you would run them as front and rear (they are adjustable) and you would use the sub level controller that comes with the amp, mounted in your dash.

This type of "pretty panel" install is very easy and looks classy IMO. The box comes with enough carpet and a template to make this, although you will need to cut out the center of the panel to cover the wires:

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

I'm about to head to walmart and buy the head unit.. I think I will order the rest of the stuff this afternoon and start planning the install. This looks to be quite good. One question. I don't have to cut out the panel right, I could just hide the amp altogether no?
          Hmm, I guess the last question is speakers...any ideas?

That is all.

Comment

Originally posted by blck325is View Post
            I'm about to head to walmart and buy the head unit.. I think I will order the rest of the stuff this afternoon and start planning the install. This looks to be quite good. One question. I don't have to cut out the panel right, I could just hide the amp altogether no?
            Hmm, I guess the last question is speakers...any ideas?
            Are you on my build list?

As far as speakers, are you looking for specific model numbers? Generally, I try to give you parameters so you can find your own. How much do you want to spend?

Closing SOON!

Comment

and no, you MUST "show" the amp...or provide for cooling. If you choose to hide the amp, the template will not fit either, and you will have to make your own.

Closing SOON!

Comment

I am on your build list. I paypaled you the money yesterday. As for speakers I want to keep it cheap. I will be able to run the front and the rear speakers right. I also wan want the ability to run tweeters when I.find some.

That is all.

Comment

Cool....we are on the same page, and yes, I got the payment.

Just was not sure that was you!

So, I "might" have a set of Premiums sitting around. I will check the condition and let you know.

Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

Aite, this is what my audio setup is looking like:
                    Pioneer DEH6300U
                    Obcon 10inch DVC
                    Luke Sub Box
                    Jensen Power5500 5-channel amp

I need cheap front and rear speaker recommendations. Running a set of the premium speakers would be cool but I figure if I'm gonna take the time to drop stuff in and rewire might as well get something new. Ideas for the speakers anyone?

That is all.

Comment

Working...
                    X