Rear deck non-premium to premium installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear deck non-premium to premium installation

I searched to no avail. I have a late model coupe, I am trying to upgrade my rear deck speakers to the factory premium ones. I wired them up, and I only get sound from the tweeters, nothing out of the woofers. Are both woofers just dead, or is it possible that I wired them wrong? How am I supposed to wire them?

My stock rear woofers worked fine

if you connected the speaker wires properly, should be fine. The crossovers being built into the midrange makes it weird.

The car side of the wiring is the same.

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Thanks Luke!

Comment

Yep, check the woofers and/or wiring on them.
        Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

i tried installing premium tweeters in my doors and they have no sound. the wiring was there but they make no sound. not trying to post jack, but what do i do
          Originally posted by Lof8
          Seriously. Every black wheel, regardless of spoke design, looks the same from more than 3 feet away.

Comment

Originally posted by lonestar22 View Post
            i tried installing premium tweeters in my doors and they have no sound. the wiring was there but they make no sound. not trying to post jack, but what do i do
            well, the tweeter wires go into the kick panel behind the stock 5.25" speaker location.

There are many threads on how to deal with it, Bernzspeed has some great photos of the process. Hell, I wish she were able to take pics of my work, her photos really show great detail.

Closing SOON!
            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Working...
            X