driver window wont roll up???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

driver window wont roll up???

My driver window will roll down but not roll back up. It worked fine the other day but now nothing. I pulled the motor from my other car and still nothing. The motor only turns one way. Any ideas??

The car is a 1990 325i coupe.

Thanks, Tyler.

You might want to try different switches
    Click here to leave me feedback on our transactions. :p

Comment

Or if your cheap like me, try pulling the switch apart and cleaning the carbon (I assume it's carbon) out. Be careful taking it apart and pay attention how it goes back together. You'll eventually need to buy one, but should get you going in the mean time. If that's your problem.

Comment

I just remedied mine last night in the 90 degree weather. Had to stop a couple times bc I got sweat in my eye, gosh that crap burns.

What I did was pull the motor from the regulator, yes without removing the window. And I took that bad boy apart, only two star screws and lubbed that sucker up. Now my window functions without stress! And the girlfriend can stop complaining about it not working too.

PS for some reason it was a bit of a PITA to put it back in, like everything else on these cars. Damn track wouldn't line up in the groove on the motor.
        Click here to leave me feedback on our transactions. :p

Comment

I ended up taking the plug for the switch apart and messing with it a little and now all is good.

Thanks for the input.

Comment

Working...
          X