Radio problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radio problems

I installed a Blaupunkt headunit a while ago. Now when my engine is in higher revs I get a lot of interference with my radio. Would replacing my spark plugs with resistor plugs do anything to solve this problem? Does anybody know how well these plugs work in e30's? I know they can be finniky when it comes to the type of plugs you put in them. Thanks

"One of my top five favorite, like, cool...nerd cars"

'89 325i-sold
    '98 528i

huh? what does spark plugs have to do with ur stero?

Check ur grounds for the whinning noice, or rca's.....it could be just about anything. (except spark plugs :idea: )

Comment

Originally posted by T.Dot E30
      huh? what does spark plugs have to do with ur stero?

Check ur grounds for the whinning noice, or rca's.....it could be just about anything. (except spark plugs :idea: )
      Spark plugs DO affect your stereo! Read this:

and this (from the Bosch website):

"Resistor- Many spark plugs have a special conductive glass seal between the center electrode and the terminal stud. This seal acts as a resistor in the plug which reduces the transmission of pulses of energy to the ignition cables. These pulses can cause Radio Frequency Interference (RFI) with electrical components in the car. For some newer cars, resistor plugs are required for effective communication between the plugs and the electronic ignition."

Now can someone who knows what they're talking about help me?

'89 325i-sold
      '98 528i

Comment

ok budding go change ur spark plugs....

If you had a decent amp and set it up properly you shouldn't have this problem.

Comment

ok budding go change ur spark plugs....

If you had a decent amp and set it up properly you shouldn't have this problem.
          Apparently you have never seen resistor plugs before. And they do affect electronic devices. This may not be the cause in his case, but it is a possibility.

Try searching. There are many threads on this topic.

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver

Apparently you have never seen resistor plugs before. And they do affect electronic devices. This may not be the cause in his case, but it is a possibility.

Well im sure it exsist, i dont see the need for em when there are other more practical ways to solve this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver

Well im sure it exsist, i dont see the need for em when there are other more practical ways to solve this problem.
              Like I said, it might not be his problem, but it is a posibility.

Comment

Thanks Nitro

and... uhh the other guy too, I guess

'89 325i-sold
                '98 528i

Comment

Working...
                X