Can get MDF and glass work done cheap!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can get MDF and glass work done cheap!

I found out that a manager in the audio install department at work can build me any type of custom stuff I want, MDF or glass, for really cheap (as in a few hundred for a totally glassed trunk).

Needless to say, my setup is gonna be more than functional now.. I need some ideas on what I could do that would look nice and not take up the whole trunk..

one 10" sub, two amps. not too much to do :)
    1991 Diamondschwarz 325i 5spd (SOLD)
    1989 Zinno 325i 5spd (NEW)
    2000 Nissan Maxima GLS Rollin' Phat (DD)

Glass your spare tire tub, have the sub flush mounted in there with a strong speaker grille. That way you don't lose any space, have a big enclosure, your floor is still usable (since it'll be totally flat) and your sub will be protected from damage by the speaker grill.

Mount the amps in a nice rack, ala Eric Lukas (Back up against the sheet metal of your back seat). You really don't use that area, and although it is kind of hard to see, when you show people it can look nice, depending what you do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by 808BMW
      Glass your spare tire tub, have the sub flush mounted in there with a strong speaker grille. That way you don't lose any space, have a big enclosure, your floor is still usable (since it'll be totally flat) and your sub will be protected from damage by the speaker grill.

Mount the amps in a nice rack, ala Eric Lukas (Back up against the sheet metal of your back seat). You really don't use that area, and although it is kind of hard to see, when you show people it can look nice, depending what you do with it.
      If you can get it done really cheap, check out what my friend did in his Acura Legend. The e30 trunk is only a little smaller so you'd be able to pull something like this off. You wouldn't eve have to get rid of the spare tire.

Originally posted by Gruelius
      and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

actually the install i am going to be doing in my 325i is very similar to that one... except its all images dynamics speakers

Comment

ew, that legend is ugly. I especially love how he's so proud of the xtant sticker and his diamond audio logos :roll: and the included pictures of the speakers not recovered in black. The install does look awesome though

ooh ooh, the best purple window tint you can buy

Comment

Yeah, I hated the car too. I was pissed when he sold the Porsche (to his Dad :) ) and got the Acura. That 3.2 V6 was pretty fast actually.
            The system was without a doubt the best that I've ever heard. Those 6.5" Diamond Hex components were so clear and the titanium tweeters were really bright.
            The Xtant amps were kick ass too; although he had some problems with the 1001x (for $1200, you'd expect the thing to work) and had to have Xtant service it. He actually had another pair of binding posts in the trunk too that were wired in parallel with the subs, so he could add another pair for a little while. He had two more DA 12"s in there at one point... little too loud for me. It made my eyes hurt in the back seat.

But anyhow, it is possible to have a kick ass system without losing much of the trunk or use of the spare tire.

(There is no purple Kmart tint, by the way)
            Originally posted by Gruelius
            and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Working...
            X