how do you guys secure your boxes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do you guys secure your boxes?

i put a good size subs box in my trunk. its heavy and doesn't move TOO much. but it still likes to meander around the trunk.

so i was thinking of screwing it to the carpet in there with brackets underneath.

but what do you guys do?

Remove the back seat and shoot screws into the box through the rear wall.

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

i also have the rear shock tower brace in there.
      so can't get them pressed up.

would it be bad to use some calmps onto that bar?

Comment

Buy a luke box, and get rid of all of the unnecessary weight and bullshit.

Thad.
        Last edited by YeOldeBuggy; 07-20-2011, 05:10 PM. Reason: i spelled buy wrong, cuz my droid keyboard is hard to handle after ive cut my nails
        Need BMW parts?
        http://www.blunttech.com
        or face ultimate peril.

Comment

Originally posted by yeoldebuggy View Post
          by a luke box, and get rid of all of the unnecessary weight and bullshit.

Thad.
          +1

Comment

The hard loop side of Velcro strips glued to the bottom of the box.
            what you did to this car is like getting a supermodel naked and willing to do anything you please. now here you are faced with ths once in a lifetime opportunity and then you squander it by making her fuck you in the butt with a 24" strap on. you are a sad, silly little boy.

Comment

Originally posted by twistednut View Post
              thankyou!
              that is awesome advice. gonna hit up michaels craft store later.

Comment

Originally posted by twistednut View Post
                Does this work for putting amps under seats? I have to help a buddy with his Subaru soon
                "Wow. We're just blowing through nap time, aren't we?"
                sigpic

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Heres mine

Comment

I have my amp screwed to the top of my box. I put screw hooks into the front of the box and a short bungie cord running through the hooks. The bungie hooks into where the rear parcel shelf speakers are. Not the greatest looking setup but it works. And I wanted to be able to remove the box easily.

Comment

Originally posted by kinvodA View Post
                      Does this work for putting amps under seats? I have to help a buddy with his Subaru soon
                      Depends on how well the Velcro will stick to the carpet. It works well with the e30 rear carpet to keep a sub box from moving side to side. Velcro is inexpensive and might be worth a try in your case.
                      what you did to this car is like getting a supermodel naked and willing to do anything you please. now here you are faced with ths once in a lifetime opportunity and then you squander it by making her fuck you in the butt with a 24" strap on. you are a sad, silly little boy.

Comment

yeah i had the subs wired so i could easily take them out when i go to the drag strip or drifting with friends, dont want anything getting jacked up.

gonna hit up home depot for some extra sticky stuff.

Comment

Working...
                        X