E34 Amp/sub installation problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E34 Amp/sub installation problems

Alright, I just recently bought a '90 535i. I believe it has premium sound, as there are six speakers on my front doors and dash alone, as well as an amp behind the rear seat.

The car already had a Sony CDX-F7705X installed when I purchased it. I'm not sure if this is wired directly to all the speakers, or to the amp, but it sounds damn good. EXCEPT when I turn the loudness to 'on.' This made me realize I needed to install my subs and amp in the trunk.

After several hours of struggling to run wires (and locate how to remove my rear seat to get to the battery), I had everything done: 12V from battery to amp, RCA's from deck sub output to amp, as well as the ground and the remote wire. I then turned my car on only to see that the amp was not turning on.

From what I can tell, this is obviously the remote wire, as the 12V is getting power. I must have sliced or crimped it somehow while running it. My question is: Is there a remote wire for the stock amplifier that I could just tap into? Or should I just get a new wire and try to run it all over a bit more carefully?

Any input is much appreciated...

Thanks,
    -JK
    1990 Islandgrun 535iM Sedan
    Euro lights + trim | Eibach/Bilstein | BBS RC090 17x8 | EAT Chip | Port + Polish | IE 284 Cam | Built valvetrain

It looks like there are a few different areas you can splice into. As you can see here

that covers all the +12V feeds into the stereo, so you can just tap into it amp level.

Comment

Working...
    X