not working :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not working :(

my friend bought an e30 and decided to gut the whole thing and he just cut out the viper alarm system and doesnt remember how anything went. I bought it with him telling me it just needed a fuel pump and i trusted him bc i wasnt home to check it out. i need help putting wires together post pictures and everything i got wires hanging out that need to be connected. and there are 2 plugs on the right side that are missing which seems like a big problem. help me out !!!!!

it cranks but doesnt start you dont need to use the clutch either so safety feature is messed up the headlights dont work but the dash lights do either do the power windows.

Comment

E30 electrical manual: This one is e18is specific, but there are others for the variations. Its a start...

MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.
      I don't always wreck cars, but when I do I wreck them into trees.

91' 318is S50 swap - The Black Widow

Comment

Originally posted by lbreevesii View Post
        E30 electrical manual: This one is e18is specific, but there are others for the variations. Its a start...

http://www.mediafire.com/?kyzmz0yedr0
        i never messed with electronics so this doesnt help me to much i see how all the power and what not is supposed to go but its split wires that i dont know where they go and there no match colors that are split by each other. i asked one guy from ct to come down and take a look but he wasnt reliable he said it might have to do with a fuse-able power line? i forget but might've been what he said.

Comment

It gives all the wiring colors. It will take some time to decipher but it will help, trust me.

Comment

E30s don't have a clutch safety switch. You can start every E30 without pressing the clutch. If he yanked an alarm the alarm may have had some sort of fuel cut off.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
            i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
            Originally posted by slammin.e28
            Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

ohhhh i didnt know that and thanks lbreevesii ill try and figure this thing out lol theres 2 plugs missing by the glove box kinda big prob 6 prongs im not sure i havent seen it in like 2 weeks but you think that could be the problem too?

Comment

where do these plugs go?!!!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20110911-00136.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	7135375

Comment

looks like the plugs for the chime.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
                  i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
                  Originally posted by slammin.e28
                  Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

the brown and green wire is the same wire that runs into the fuel pump im getting power to the pump but its not whinning when i turn the key or try and start it... the pump is fine and i tried switching the relays still didnt work im going tomorrow buy all new relay and fuses. theres also a big black and medium white wire under the dash above the clutch pedal cut but idk where they go either lol this things a mess. i figured out a bunch of other wires though with that diagram.

Comment

Originally posted by accident View Post
                      looks like the plugs for the chime.
                      he's right^^

OP, going through the wiring with a fine toothed comb is really your best option right now.

Taylor
                      Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
                      Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

Originally posted by E30_fiend View Post
                        he's right^^

OP, going through the wiring with a fine toothed comb is really your best option right now.

Taylor
                        truf

also, yes those are just for the chime.

Comment

i got on in the car as we speak this thing is like a birds nest kid fucked everything up right now half the fuses dont work i got them to work 2 days ago but now they arent again :( the fuel pump isnt getting power but i bought it from a guy on here who said the pump is working and im not sure how to test the pump. it cranks but doesnt turn over bought a new CPS bc i heard they tend to go bad from sitting for a while.... car sat for about 4 months really dont know what else to do i think my broke ass is gunna bring it to a mechanic and get my wallet raped.

Comment

i want a fellow e30 guy to work on it not a random mechanic itll prob take him 10 hours due to making coffee, cigarette breaks every 5 mins talking etc.

Comment

Working...
                            X