Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible Sub Box for Convertibles with Motors

Pioneer TS-SWX251

It looks very sleek and the design looks like it will fit in the little "underhood" part of the trunk with the top motors. Haven't measured the area under my trunk yet but here are the specs for the box and sub:

Technical Details

• 10-inch flat subwoofer with enclosure designed for compact spaces
    • 800 watts peak power handling (200 watts nominal); 4 ohm impedance; 89 dB sensitivity
    • Lays flat in truck or SUV to stack items on top or stands upright behind some seats
    • Custom box is optimized for strong bass regardless of position
    • 20 Hz to 114 Hz frequency range

Product Dimensions: 8.8 x 21.4 x 15.2 inches(20lbs)

I was thinking maybe mounting an amp with self-tapping screws on the rear firewall with it. Thoughts on the box?

Specifications are most likely inflated ! Being in the trunk won't transfer bass reproduction to the cabin . Save your money , Luke will be building a box that is specifically tuned for the car you are driving . The key is a custom box will be perfect or near that . it is not just some random buy off the shelf junk . real audio systems are tuned for the exact application .

Comment

I don't care what you put in your trunk, it'll sound like shit unless there's some way to direct the bass into the car. There has been lots of interest in a Luke box for a vert, and now it's tested, proven and available! A version for those of you with power tops is coming...

Comment

Is it possible that Luke is considering a version designed for power top cars and slim profile sub? Trunk mount of course.?????????????????

Comment

luke!!

luke a few people waiting for this box?? whats the story?? come on youe the man!

Comment

The issue is that I don't have a model.

Typically, my clearance tolerances are under 1/8". My stuff fits TIGHT. The power top motor is a pain in the ass.

Nothing for you guys yet, and considering how few of the manual top boxes have sold, I will be building on a "deposit only" basis, if and when it happens.

Closing SOON!
            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Working...
            X