Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to install the GAS E3010 amp rack (warning: LOTS of pictures)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beta14ok View Post
    There is slightly over 26" of depth left in the trunk space. Pretty awesome IMO.

Oh fuck yeah man thanks, in the picture on their website it looks more like 2 inches lol

Comment

Originally posted by Huntak View Post
      Oh fuck yeah man thanks, in the picture on their website it looks more like 2 inches lol
      Wow, looks like time to get back to work on our lame-O site!

Yeah, the E30 10" and amp rack combo allows full spare tire access and in my opinion is just gorgeous. I just might be biased...maybe.

We will have more amp rack in stock in a few days. We are in the middle of our next design, the Beast box. We are knocking ourselves out building the most intense box we can for the E30 chassis...who wants a W7 or GTi in their E30?

Luke

Closing SOON!
      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Just got my amp rack and it looks great! I am quickly noticing the differences from the original rack, to the updated one you sent me. Couple of quick questions; The screws you had partially holding the rack to the cover look way too long as if they will penetrate through the carpet on the cover, do I need to use shorter screws? Also, does the rack need to be screwed into the box as well?

Finally, do you know of a good deal on a 5-channel amp? I figure while I'm in there I might as well get one. Don't want to break the bank though. Im running a Boston competitor 10" 2 Ohm sub.
        sigpic

Comment

Goddamnit Luke!!

whats your opinion on this one? http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALPINE-MRX-V...-/171062012948
          Last edited by aaron325ix; 06-24-2013, 10:56 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kronus
            would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

the price made me weary, but the reviews were pretty good. cant say Ive heard of that company before. The only thing that would concern be would be longevity. I'd hate for that thing to crap out after a year.
              Last edited by aaron325ix; 06-25-2013, 02:15 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Mine has been installed for about 15 months, though it's in a car I don't DD. I probably have less than 100 hours on it. I'm happy enough with it that I'm buying another one for my other E30.
                Originally posted by kronus
                would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by aaron325ix View Post
                  Goddamnit Luke!!

whats your opinion on this one? http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALPINE-MRX-V...-/171062012948
                  Sorry, bud...this E46 was kicking my ass.

OK, first...that Alpine is the least impressive name brand 5 channel I have ever heard. I will take the new Jensen over it any day, or the Kenwood.

The Planet Audio is a great performer and has loads of features and seems very well built...but I do understand your concerns on the long term.

Check out the Infinity 5350a, I love that one.

You get the rack all figured out? I have got to get that damn tutorial done!

Luke

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                    Sorry, bud...this E46 was kicking my ass.

OK, first...that Alpine is the least impressive name brand 5 channel I have ever heard. I will take the new Jensen over it any day, or the Kenwood.

The Planet Audio is a great performer and has loads of features and seems very well built...but I do understand your concerns on the long term.

Check out the Infinity 5350a, I love that one.

You get the rack all figured out? I have got to get that damn tutorial done!

Luke
                    That infinity looks good, not a bad price either. Ive taken everything out of the car as I need to put carpet on the box and what not. My only question is if the rack attaches to the box and the cover just sits against it? Or does the rack need to be attached to the cover and it all just sits against the box? I might have missed that somewhere in the thread.

And BTW, that e46 set up looks good. Also, I have a couple of banker buddies here with e90/92's and one guy with an e12 who would really like a box. just FYI
                    sigpic

Comment

E12...have him shoot me an email.

E9X, give us 2 more months...we need to make a little money off the E46 work first, we have a zillion hours in these.

On the rack: the frame screws in place (fans on the bottom) and the face screws to the frame. The screw holes are there, read the tutorial again...or call me, number is on the FB page.

Closing SOON!

Comment

Working...
                      X