Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got a new amp have some questions

today i bought a new amp and a 12" kicker sub i have some questions though

first of all the amp is a crunch v200 with 200 watts RMS (it will do for now)

now my questions are ...umm first what is the best way to route wires in an e30? like routing rear speaker wires to the deck and things like that ? right now my new stuff isnt hook up so i have the two 8" sub wires (in the trunk) running through the stock rear speaker holes then i tried to hide them next to the rear seats and the moulding then down to the floor and stuck the wires in the moulding running along side the bottom of the inside of the car up over the kick panel on the drivers side now i must admit it looks like crap i need to find a better way to route the wires..

also i always hear about bridge connections but ive never installed an amp so i have no idea what that is or how to do it if someone could explain then please do.

next...can i use the amp to power the front speakers or should i just keep them being powered by the deck? also the amp has left and right speaker connections on it i only have 1 12" woofer how would i connect this? left or right?errr...

ummm hmmm thats all for now

Re: got a new amp have some questions

Originally posted by A_325i
    umm first what is the best way to route wires in an e30?

also i always hear about bridge connections but ive never installed an amp so i have no idea what that is or how to do it if someone could explain then please do.

next...can i use the amp to power the front speakers or should i just keep them being powered by the deck? also the amp has left and right speaker connections on it i only have 1 12" woofer how would i connect this? left or right?errr...
    Run your RCA's and a remote turn on wire from your deck to the trunk. Go under the dash to the driver side, down the kickpanel, and under the carpet to your backseat. There is a rubber grommet on the upper driver's side behind your seat, the wires can go through there, to connect to the amp.

Bridging an amp is simply using the positive on one channel with the negative of another channel
    So instead of your wires looking like this:
    Code:
    R - +   L - +
      | |     | |
    It would be like this:
    Code:
    R - +   L - +
        |     |

If you choose to use the amp to power your speakers, you wont be using that sub. If you do use the sub, then bridging will solve the whole left/right problem

Comment

ok sweet i got everything all hooked up wired everything how you said through the grommet behind the seat and everything left the front and rear speakers wired to the deck and bridged the sub i must admit it sounds bad ass 12" kicker sub with a sealed box and a crunch 400watt rms amp mmmm

Comment

Working...
      X