Right Turn Signal Does not work!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right Turn Signal Does not work!

Hey guys, well as the title states by right turn signal does not work. I have replaced all the bulbs and have put electrical grease on all of them, cleaned the sockets, and checked the fuses. When I turn on the hazard lights the right side works. Any suggestions? I dont want to hear any comments like "learn to drive offensivley" and other shit like that

Thanks,
    Will

download your model specific Electronic Troubleshooting Manual(ETM) here

and look at section 6313 turn/hazard lights ,from looking at the diagram for my 89 IX if its is similar it has to be the wiring from the turnsignal switch or the switch itself.The fact that the hazards work ok tests the rest of the circuit for you. there are connectors (C202) and splices in the circuit wiring between switch and rest of circuit (if the left turn is working your getting power to the switch from the solidstate flasher) so its just a case of tracing circuit after switch or switch itself. i would highly suspect the switch and its prolly the first/easiest place to test (blu/blk wire @ connector C202 or switch)
    Angus
    88 E30M3 X2
    89 325IX
    92 R100GS/PD
    :)

Comment

I had the same problem, try switching the bulb around to where the prongs are in the opposite slot (front turn signal) & see if that changes anything.
      sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
      1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
      1991 318is - Sold
      1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Comment

Originally posted by GodIse30 View Post
        I had the same problem, try switching the bulb around to where the prongs are in the opposite slot (front turn signal) & see if that changes anything.
        I'll try it. It worked for you?

Comment

Originally posted by S62 View Post
          Hey guys, well as the title states by right turn signal does not work. I have replaced all the bulbs and have put electrical grease on all of them, cleaned the sockets, and checked the fuses. When I turn on the hazard lights the right side works. Any suggestions? I dont want to hear any comments like "learn to drive offensivley" and other shit like that

Thanks,
          Will
          ok, does the signal indicator flash inside the car. Is the flash much faster on the right then the left?

if so, it could be a number of things, the bulb, swap the bulb again (double filament) and retest. Make sure the offset tabs on the bulb are fitted properly in the socket. I know that sounds pretty obvious but do it anyway. it could be the socket, regardless of whether you cleaned it. You may have a problem with the socket contacts going into the wiring harness. The only sure way to tell is test for power and ground. So get a tester light and check for power from the socket and work your way back from along the wiring to check for possible short. if the light goes out, your problem is found. you'll have to ground the connector of the light in order to get it to work.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ceeker View Post
            ok, does the signal indicator flash inside the car. Is the flash much faster on the right then the left?

if so, it could be a number of things, the bulb, swap the bulb again (double filament) and retest. Make sure the offset tabs on the bulb are fitted properly in the socket. I know that sounds pretty obvious but do it anyway. it could be the socket, regardless of whether you cleaned it. You may have a problem with the socket contacts going into the wiring harness. The only sure way to tell is test for power and ground. So get a tester light and check for power from the socket and work your way back from along the wiring to check for possible short. if the light goes out, your problem is found. you'll have to ground the connector of the light in order to get it to work.
            Sorry for the late response. Well the right flasher on the dash doesnt even work and when I turn the right signal on all I hear is a really fast ticking sound, indicating that the light is out. When I was trying to fix my fuel gauge I swapped the dash bulb from the left side to the right but that didnt solve anything. Ill get a tester from the store later today, thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X