Luke box's are built this way, but he also ports into the cabin. He has said that the foam does affect performance, but not by a lot.
I built a box for my Jetta that basically replicates a Luke box and I can hardly tell the difference between having he seat there and not having it there. Bass for me is felt more then heard.
Sub Firing into Rear Seat
Collapse
X
-
Sub Firing into Rear Seat
Ok so when I was originally thinking of doing my sub setup I was thinking IB setup, and sticking to that plan with a setup close to bmwman91's...
My rear seat has no fold down center for the ski-pass, so looking inside my trunk, there is the rectangle cutout in the metal for the skipass and then just the foam backing of my rear seats. I'm building a box that will surround that skipass and have my woofer firing straight into it.
Originally this worried me as a woofer or any speaker works by moving air, if it is firing into a wall then it will not be very effective correct? However bmwman91 said that there was no change in sound with ski-pass open or closed and I thought the Lukebox works the exact same way firing into the ski-pass so I assured myself if it is working for all these people, it works.
However I'm still unsure about it.. Can anyone with a setup similar to this tell me how it works out, or can anyone clue me in as to why I'd be wrong to say firing into the back of the seats will be highly ineffective?
Thanks!Tags: None

Leave a comment: