Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to install a killer stereo for $500 (loads of pics)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imprezme
    replied
    Hey so i am thinking about picking up a Pioneer DEH-X6700BT really soon as my e30 came without a head unit. Probably slowly piece together what you got going on here. Would i need a wire harness for this unit?

Leave a comment:

• DER E30
    replied
    Make it so you could hang it from the ceiling or up high against the wall so it doesn't take up any floor or shelf space:up:

Leave a comment:

• Gerta
    replied
    Originally posted by george graves View Post
    Yea. You could use an old PC power supply. Wouldn't be the best, but it would work as a garage boom box! Add a cheap $10 bluetooth and you have a fun set up. Do it! I'd totally buy one! I need something for the shop - and would love to support the cause!
    George Graves has spoken! Make it so Luke!

Leave a comment:

• george graves
    replied
    Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
    Could make it have spots for tweeters and midbass as well as a sub all integrated into a single box or something... The Luke BoomBox:rofl:

Would powering something like that be as simple as a inverter or computer powersupply?
    Yea. You could use an old PC power supply. Wouldn't be the best, but it would work as a garage boom box! Add a cheap $10 bluetooth and you have a fun set up. Do it! I'd totally buy one! I need something for the shop - and would love to support the cause!

Leave a comment:

• jswest69
    replied
    Love what you do Luke. It is a art. I will get some stuff from you eventually. BTW, I think Matty is headed back for a visit soon.

Leave a comment:

• Gerta
    replied
    Justin had a prototype ... I keep trying to buy it from them ... "It's not ready, blah blah blah...."

Leave a comment:

• DER E30
    replied
    Originally posted by iflytii View Post
    That sounds like a potential product idea to me! The Luke Garage Box!
    Could make it have spots for tweeters and midbass as well as a sub all integrated into a single box or something... The Luke BoomBox:rofl:

Would powering something like that be as simple as a inverter or computer powersupply?

Leave a comment:

• iflytii
    replied
    Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
    I play my car's stereo in the garage all the time, but I'm always running a battery charger to keep my battery topped up

Luke makes specific to garage ones??????????????????
    That sounds like a potential product idea to me! The Luke Garage Box!

Leave a comment:

• DER E30
    replied
    Originally posted by iflytii View Post
    Got my 10" box the other day and it's pretty impressive. Loaded it up with an Alpine type R and have been listening to it in the garage. My only complaint is now I guess I'm going to have to buy another one for the car because I'm diggin' the tunes in the garage ...
    I play my car's stereo in the garage all the time, but I'm always running a battery charger to keep my battery topped up

Luke makes specific to garage ones??????????????????

Leave a comment:

• iflytii
    replied
    Got my 10" box the other day and it's pretty impressive. Loaded it up with an Alpine type R and have been listening to it in the garage. My only complaint is now I guess I'm going to have to buy another one for the car because I'm diggin' the tunes in the garage ...

Leave a comment:

• Divbetic
    replied
    Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
    You should have it by now, right?
    Yep! Have to say, it's a gorgeous box. Just waiting to get some more money for a Kicker cvr and kicker 300.1 amp!

Leave a comment:

• StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Originally posted by Divbetic View Post
    Just made an order for a 10 inch lukebox! Can't wait to get this system hooked up!
    You should have it by now, right?

Leave a comment:

• Divbetic
    replied
    Just made an order for a 10 inch lukebox! Can't wait to get this system hooked up!

Leave a comment:

• StereoInstaller1
    replied
    That amp does run warm

Leave a comment:

• htown318is
    replied
    Infinity Reference 1262w 12-Inch 1200-Watt

+

Planet Audio AC1800.5

sub is DVC wired in parallel to get a 2 ohm load on 5th channel.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X