convertibles, custom rear speaker enclosure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

convertibles, custom rear speaker enclosure

A few years ago I saw an auction for a pair of this pods, they were packaged as if from an aftermarket company, print box and all.

Anyways, lost link as usual, but, my latest cabrio came with them.

It accepts 6 inch speakers and has room for a separate tweeter.

here's a bunch of pictures about them... http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...p?albumid=2177

So....have you discovered who makes and sells these speaker pods? Other convertible owners want to know!

Comment

I am interested.

Comment

Looked again and removed passenger side this time.

Noticed that they used white tape to insulate harness to speaker connection.,
        It almost seem likeoem from the way it was connected, no splicing at all., they actually used correct size connectors.

I could not see any other markings besides what it looks like a date ? "19. DEZ 1989" (Dec 19, 1989) ???...

Last edited by fporro; 12-29-2011, 02:10 AM.

Comment

Someone reproduce these.
          "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

.... Would buy... [cough cough Luke]

Comment

Do you have a mtek?

Comment

I like these better than the front door mod. If we can get this remade that would be great. Also if you can get the edges all around molded a little better so it does not look so bulky or maybe its cause of the thickness of the leather which is causing the bulky edge.

Comment

I believe this is oem

full leather interior. I have seen this option before but curiously the speakers were always missing. Do you have leather door cards basically, the vinyl ones with leather sewed over them?

Comment

I have leather seat but vinyl door cards. Are they on real oem?

Originally posted by stamar View Post
                    I believe this is oem

full leather interior. I have seen this option before but curiously the speakers were always missing. Do you have leather door cards basically, the vinyl ones with leather sewed over them?

Comment

Ok well in that case, they could be a junkyard score from the full leather interior.

the full leather interior option basically covers the vinyl parts with leather, with stitching.

I had always wondered what the speaker cards looked like because they are cardboard with vinyl, impossible to cover with leather.

However every single one ive ever seen had those missing.

Comment

here is an example of the m tech full leather interior option in black.

It is just leather stiched over the vinyl.

But I have never seen a picture of the convertible speaker covers.

Comment

Heads up !!!

There's a black set on Ehbay.de (no afiliation) item # 140662799871 ...

Stamar, seller described them as oem.

Last edited by fporro; 12-30-2011, 02:51 AM.

Comment

Lovely....but $500 US....thats a nice Luke box, speakers and an Amp!

Comment

Its nice but not worth $500. I searched a little on Realoem but their pictures can be misleading at times. We need a part number.

Comment

Working...
                              X