Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would v1 hidden display fit maplight mirror?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would v1 hidden display fit maplight mirror?

I have a maplight mirror, haven't put it in yet as I was thinking about putting my v1 hidden display in there. you use 2-way glass for the mirror and put the hidden display behind it. What I want to know though -with the lights from the maplights -is there enough room for the hidden display?
    Originally posted by blunt
    can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Contact these guys:

If one can fit I would also do it.
    91 m3

Comment

thats for a whole seperate mirror though. i want to do it with my maplight mirror, so I have the lights.

I also don't wnat to pay $300 lol
      can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

I'm not talking about using the e36 mirror. I would stick with the e30 map light mirror, but maybe they can give you some insight on it.
        91 m3

Comment

that is really cool... do it!!
          ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

yea a local guy already did it with his 330ci, he just used 2 way glass, said it was pretty easy

Comment

two way glass would not work when you turned up the mirror at night when some jerk in a suv is behind you. just food for thought
              ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

Originally posted by ColdAccord
                yea a local guy already did it with his 330ci, he just used 2 way glass, said it was pretty easy
                any more info on this?
                ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

Originally posted by crkskylinegtr
                  two way glass would not work when you turned up the mirror at night when some jerk in a suv is behind you. just food for thought
                  That's why you should tint your windows.

Comment

I think it depends on how thick the remote display is. I'm assuming you need to hack it up, and remove the display circuit board from the cigarette lighter plug.

Do you have the remote display? Open it up. open the mirror and see if it fits.

Comment

Originally posted by DaN
                      I think it depends on how thick the remote display is. I'm assuming you need to hack it up, and remove the display circuit board from the cigarette lighter plug.

Do you have the remote display? Open it up. open the mirror and see if it fits.
                      is that all it is? The remote display hidden behind the 2 way glass mirror?

I've been thinking about getting a V1 for quite some time, but it's illegal where I live... it will be a pita to remove it everytime I go through a road block (which is often) or get pulled over, so I thought that the Invisimirror or whatever would be a great idea.

If the display is in the mirror, where do you mount the actual detector? It must be in a place where it is totally hidden, or it would be pointless for my application.
                      ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

How can you see the display through the mirror? Is it just becasue it is really close to the back side of the mirror?

Comment

You have to use two way mirror.
                          Not sure where you would mount the detector. Personally I dont care, I like it stuck the glass, too much work.

Comment

How much do V1 hidden displays cost?

Comment

Originally posted by jajou318
                              How much do V1 hidden displays cost?

$39.00 + Shipping I bet.

Our replacement parts are of the same high quality as those supplied originally with Valentine One or the V1 Gen2.
                              Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X