Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

13 button OBC problems (yes, I've researched)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

13 button OBC problems (yes, I've researched)

Hi R3VLimited,

I recently picked up an 89 325is with a malfunctioning OBC. On the original OBC, the buttons and screen are all backlit; however, no image appears on the screen and none of the buttons that have little 'activation' LEDs will turn on.

Just the other day, I ordered a refurbished OBC with the LED upgrade. This one has the same problems when plugged in; it has power and the backlights clearly work, but nothing appears on the screen.

The problem therefore seems to be related to the control box or the wiring harness. I'm wondering if anybody out there has any ideas or experiences troubleshooting these things before I start rooting around - any hints as to where to look first?

Help is appreciated!

Have you looked at the electrical troubleshooting manual? Seems I remember a flowchart to diagnose that exact issue.

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Yeah, I took a look in there, and that does help narrow down the search somewhat. I'll have to get a multimeter and poke around.

Comment

Working...
      X