aftermarket antenna adapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aftermarket antenna adapter

I have an aftermarket fixed (non-motorized) antenna that has a male motorola conenctor on the end. I need to connect this to the factory lead that goes to the broken motorized antenna.

What type of adapter do I need? It would be something like a femal motorola to a male coax or whatever the BMW antenna connector is called.

Thanks for any help!

Would this work? It appears to be the correct one, but specifies Mercedes and Audi male connector (not BMW). Anyone know whether BMW uses the same type of connector?

Works with select 1987-02 Audi and Mercedes vehicles (OEM male to Motorola antenna female)

Comment

I've heard the stock E30 antenna is a motorola style antenna. I think that refers to the plug on the end sort of like this. So you would need to get a universal antenna that supports that plug (assuming yours is the same)

Comment

Did you ever solve this? I just bought a universal antenna and ran into the same problem
        98 M3/4/5

Comment

Anyone know of this adapter will do the trick? http://www.amazon.com/PL-259-Female-...ata/B00579YXTI
          98 M3/4/5

Comment

Working...
          X