Removing tweets from pods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing tweets from pods

Whats the easiest way to get the old tweeters out of the front premium pods?
    Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
    Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

I don't think there is an easy way to remove them. I used a utility knife to get mine out. If you have a really small bit on a dremel I'm sure you could buzz around the tweeter through the glue.
    Originally posted by Gruelius
    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Literally cut them out from the outside in. Take off the little grille and there'll be the tweeter. It looks like its almost all one piece and unfortunately I dont have any pics left really of what all I did to mine but there's obviously the pod and right inside that there's like a circular ridge, I used a dremel cut off wheel and traced around that ridge until it was thin enough that the tweeter would actually break loose from the pod. Its glued in (you can probably notice this looking from the backside) and once it gets cut enough it'll break apart. Clean up all the crap and you'll have the pod left with just a perfect circle hole in it. The hole will be slightly larger than the tweeter and have no lip that originally was used to glue to the side of the tweeter because thats all cut away but my tweets fit perfectly into their new home.

Comment

aight coo, I guess i'll play around with it this weekend.
        Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
        Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzen
          aight coo, I guess i'll play around with it this weekend.
          or maybe during the 12 hours a day you spend sitting at home :D
          sigpic

Comment

any recommendations on tweeters, I was thinking of using some infinity soft dome tweeters but I just wanted to check to see what everyone else is using.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657387

Comment

Working...
            X