Looking for info on the "econometer boost gauge" although for oil pressure

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • gearheadE30
    replied
    I can vouch for his gauges. Super good guy to deal with, and the product is awesome.


    Leave a comment:


  • FreedS4
    replied
    Originally posted by justrack
    Hi guys,

    I'll reply back to the PMs in minute.

    But basically right now I'm working on redesigning the hardware and software for the gauge. It may be a month or two before the gauges are available again. I should be starting a thread soon documenting the redesign and progress.

    Thanks!

    Oh and if anybody has access to extra tachs (1987+, 7k) in good condition, please pm me. I'm pretty much out of my supply of tachs. Thanks.


    Justin
    You've got PM.

    Chris

    Leave a comment:


  • justrack
    replied
    Hi guys,

    I'll reply back to the PMs in minute.

    But basically right now I'm working on redesigning the hardware and software for the gauge. It may be a month or two before the gauges are available again. I should be starting a thread soon documenting the redesign and progress.

    Thanks!

    Oh and if anybody has access to extra tachs (1987+, 7k) in good condition, please pm me. I'm pretty much out of my supply of tachs. Thanks.


    Justin

    Leave a comment:


  • Gregs///M
    replied
    De-soldering 13 pins from the display is the hardest part, which will require soldering experience.
    Last edited by Gregs///M; 12-05-2012, 06:59 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • FreedS4
    replied
    Originally posted by Gregs///M
    Alternative...



    Volts on left, Oil Temp on right. Although any digital gauge can be used.

    I built this for my cluster.
    I'd be interested in seeing how you made the voltmeter. I like the clean look of it in the cluster like that!

    Chris

    Leave a comment:


  • butters
    replied
    Originally posted by nmlss2006
    Excellent, thanks! Waiting for a reply to PM...
    (edit: slightly OT, I wonder where I should put an oil temp sensor in an S52...)
    Please let us know what you hear, and invite him to post here.

    Oil temp sensor can easily be added via the drain plug but I would go for an oil distribution block from BavAuto or others, this bolts off of the filter housing for a bit cleaner installation (I wouldn't want wires going all the way to the pan).

    Leave a comment:


  • nmlss2006
    replied
    Excellent, thanks! Waiting for a reply to PM...
    (edit: slightly OT, I wonder where I should put an oil temp sensor in an S52...)

    Leave a comment:


  • MC Hammered
    replied
    I wanted the units in Metric and he came up with 4 different dials for me to choose from, I am sure he can show you the templates for Imperial units as well.

    Leave a comment:


  • nmlss2006
    replied
    Doing so thanks! It would be nifty if it could have the scale in F and more centered, possibly, like the M3 part. I'll write him.

    Leave a comment:


  • MC Hammered
    replied
    Originally posted by nmlss2006
    So justrack makes them? Oil temp as well as press? I'll take one...!
    He is setup to make them now. Hit him up via PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Gregs///M
    replied
    Alternative...



    Volts on left, Oil Temp on right. Although any digital gauge can be used.

    I built this for my cluster.

    Leave a comment:


  • nmlss2006
    replied
    So justrack makes them? Oil temp as well as press? I'll take one...!

    Leave a comment:


  • MC Hammered
    replied
    Cheaper to have him make you an oil temp gauge like he did for me than to retrofit an M3 gauge in.

    Leave a comment:


  • FreedS4
    replied
    Any info on this ^ ?

    Chris

    Leave a comment:


  • FreedS4
    replied
    What's involved with getting the M3 oil temp gauge to work in place of the econometer (other than the gauge itself and an oil temp sender)? Thanks

    Chris

    Leave a comment:

Working...