No announcement yet.

recomendations for rear speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well if you're looking for midbass, try putting sound deadener behind your front speakers, something like dynamat. Try to seal up any air gaps. you can also put foam in there (specially made acoustic foam, or just carpet padding works fine for me) in between the deadener and the speaker (as space allows). Are the speakers mounted IN the kickpanel, or on top? If they are on top, what are they mounted to? Try making a MDF ring and mounting it to the kickpanel (with weatherstripping so it's sealed) and then mounting your speaker to that, it gives the speaker a solid base.

Your basically trying to block off all the sound waves going back, so they dont interfere with whats going forward at you.

As for bass, what kind of box is it in? Pre made sealed box? Try ported into the cabin like Nathan's or Jordan's boxes.

THEN if all else fails I would start considering rear fill :P These are all relatively low cost options compared to a new set of speakers, and I really feel that a good set of components with over 100 watts RMS should give you no complaints in a proper install.

Comment

i just put some mb quarts up front and it sounds good with it faded all the way to the front but i think it really sounds better with some in the rear.

Comment

Originally posted by nickmp0wer
        i just put some mb quarts up front and it sounds good with it faded all the way to the front but i think it really sounds better with some in the rear.
        Are you running an amp? which MBs do you have up front?
        Originally posted by Gruelius
        and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

no im just using the HU. I have the QM 130's up front and for now just some mtx shits but i have some Qm 160s i just need my crossovers to come

Comment

Originally posted by nickmp0wer
            no im just using the HU. I have the QM 130's up front and for now just some mtx shits but i have some Qm 160s i just need my crossovers to come
            Well if you're running QMs off of a deck (or even an external amp for that matter), I'll assume you're not too concered about sound quality. I'd just put some coax's in the rear to make it louder.

Comment

where is the QM in the mb quart line up? is running them off the deck really going to make THAT much of a difference? whats the other option besides an external amp?

Comment

The QMs are pretty low on the MB 'spectrum.' I think MB even considers them a coaxial.

There really isn't a third option other than an external power amp and a deck. You either power the speakers off of the tiny shitty amp in the deck, or an external power amplifier. And, yes, there is huge difference between speakers powered off of the internal deck amp (which probably puts out 17 watts RMS) and an external power amplifier.

Comment

I was out in the garage last night and I played the same cd back to back in my Tacoma and e30. And I wouldn’t say that my truck sounds better by any means. I do like the way that it is tuned better,
                  Plus I think that having the components in the doors (as opposed being on the kick panel in my e30) makes my truck sound allot more direct as far as mids go.
                  There is absolutely NO comparison when it comes to the tweeters, the pro's sound fucking unbelievable I think they might sound better than the bostons in my house! The beginning of Dire Straits money for nothing (what I generally use to test someone’s system) sounds better, crisper, than I have ever heard it! The part when the shit at the beginning climaxes and the song breaks in is unbelievable!! Anyone who has listenined to this song on a heady stereo knows what I am talking about.

I think I like the
                  boston 10 more than the JL 12, the JL is louder for sure, but the boston seems like it hits cleaner and faster, plus it seems to pick up the bass that isn't real low better. Is this just the difference between a 10 and a 12, or are boston subs better than JL? (the boston sub is a competitor, the JL is a low model too)

here is pretty much what I figured out with the different stuff I played

Dire straits
                  e30>Tacoma

Radiohead
                  e30>Tacoma

Murs
                  e30>Tacoma

Bob Dylan
                  e30>Tacoma

Richard Ashcroft
                  e30>Tacoma

Atmosphere
                  Tacoma>e30

really Atmosphere is the only thing that doesn't sound allot better, the treb is still better, but this music is pretty underground hip-hop, and I have found that it is pretty touchy in terms of sounding good. I think I just need to spend some time tuning my eq.

I should add that all this "testing" was done using the hip-hop eq setting that came on my HU in the e30, and the custom eq that I have been fine tuning for a couple years in my Tacoma.

Comment

Working...
                  X