Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

German Engineering keyless entry install issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German Engineering keyless entry install issues.

Just purchased einsteins kit, it is of good quality and looks awesome. I'm having issues w/ a couple things.

1). Location. He said trunk works but didn't see the wires needed too splice into. He also said by abs unit, but wasn't sure before I started chopping into the wiring harness that goes to the c101 connector.

2). The green, red/black wires do not say what they connect to. I assume to another wire w/ the same colors?

Please let me know as I do not want to butcher my harness. Thanks

Ttt

Comment

Installed the white to the green black, and white/black to green violet wires in my trunk. Power and ground aswell. I am just getting a couple clicks from the module, but no locking/unlocking.

I have searched throughout google, and cannot find this exact kit, but similar ones. Still havent had luck even following diys.

Comment

You should read the keyless thread that is at the top of the page. It'll answer all your questions.

Comment

Did you attach the yellow, yellow/black, and black wires to ground?

Comment

Smh, i was following other tutorials that did not have those yellow ground wires. Ill try it out tonight. I wlould love to get the lights to flash, and i assume window- means the window rolls up when locked. Super cool if so, and would like to wire that.

Would all that be possible from the trunk w/ out having to run super long wires?

Btw who is that girl in your sig that looks like selena gomez!!!

Comment

Plug it on the cabin. It's better and easier.

From the light switch grab the grey/white and grey/yellow and splice it with the brown wires from the receiver. So grey/white to brown and grey/yellow to brown. That will make your lights flash.

And no that is definitely not Selena Gomez.

Comment

It looks like an older version of her haha. Ill havta pull some interior trim apart, thanks again.

Comment

BUMP.
                  1. What do the white/black and white wires go to?
                  2. Also does the green wire for the windows do anything?
                  3. Would they actually roll them selves up or something cool?
                  4. And lastly do the pink and red/black wires for the trunk actually do something? The trunk does not have a pop function does it?
                  5. I havent checked yet but the previous owner says the driver door does not lock/unlock the car.. only the passenger and trunk. So does this mean if I wire in the system behind that speaker cover on the driver side it will not function?
                  6. To be honest the orange and orange/black confuse me to. What is the little X thing?

Thanks!

Diagram:

Last edited by Link; 06-02-2013, 10:51 PM.
                  View my build thread. http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=287724

Comment

No clue the included diagram does not explain anything I still haven't even installed it lol

Comment

I have had mine for nearly 6 months and havent either. Im hoping someone can answer all my posted questions.
                      View my build thread. http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=287724

Comment

Originally posted by Link View Post
                        BUMP.
                        1. What do the white/black and white wires go to?
                        2. Also does the green wire for the windows do anything?
                        3. Would they actually roll them selves up or something cool?
                        4. And lastly do the pink and red/black wires for the trunk actually do something? The trunk does not have a pop function does it?
                        5. I havent checked yet but the previous owner says the driver door does not lock/unlock the car.. only the passenger and trunk. So does this mean if I wire in the system behind that speaker cover on the driver side it will not function?
                        6. To be honest the orange and orange/black confuse me to. What is the little X thing?

Thanks!

I'm not in this section much. Feel free to email or PM me in the furture

1) They connect to the central locking system wires behind the drivers side kick panel. They are easier to access if you remove the speaker. There was a pictorial installation on the original group buy thread.

2) Its the output for a automatic power window roll up module. You can purchase a universal module on amazon, ebay, sonic, etc. Its has a 30 second out put signal

3) Yes. They would automatically roll up.

4) Its basically a momentary AUX output. You could wire in a solenoid to pop the trunk for you. The coolest use i've seen is someone connected it to a garage door opener. Remote garage door opening straight from the key is pretty stealth. Trunk to horn button :twisted:

5) Most likely what happened is the metal arm on the back of the lock cylinder broke off. It is very common and would not affect the functionality of the system.

6) The are supposed to be scissors. They are not used on e30s.
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                        My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Working...
                        X