brake lights make unit turn off then on, gauges light up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brake lights make unit turn off then on, gauges light up

when i turn the car the HU makes the guage lights come on for a second. there is a white wire comming from the area of the gauges that has nothing connected to it

I just installed some mb quarts in the back, and i havent used with the engine on yet but when i touch the brakes it turns off then turns right back on.

there is also a 7.5 amp fuse blown. I'm pretty sure it goes to the mirrors but i dont know what else. it was blown for a last few months before any of this happend

anyone know what the white wire could be?

Comment

Did you install the head unit?
      '91 318is
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah so i must have messed soemthing up, although im pretty sure i just cut and respliced where the old one was. Im going to try disconnecting the memory wire and see if it still does it. It shouldnt since it will do it if i put in a cd with the car off

Comment

Nick. You need to stop working on your own car. You manage to completely botch anything you attempt.

Have Luke Fisher come over and reinstall your deck right. He will also point out all your fuckups for you.
          Tenured Automotive Service Professional - Avid BMW Enthusiast

Vapor Honing & E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
          https://mtechniqueabs.com/

Comment

i just cut where the old aftermarket one was, and connected it to the right wire on the adaptor. and i guess the brake like thing was just due to the car not having enough power while off.

Comment

I was having this problem as well.

if my stereo, hazards, rear defroster, and parking lights are on, and the engine is not running, the stereo will cut off and turn back on if I activate the brake light (touch the brake pedal)
              R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

Working...
              X