help identifying purple wire from ignition assembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help identifying purple wire from ignition assembly

I cannot find out for the life of me what this purple wire in this bundle does. I can't locate it on the ETM. I don't have a perfect shot at it, but its bundled at the c200 connection with thick purple, green, light green, etc.. wires

I noticed that my aftermarket alarm's 12v+ ignition was hooked up to the purple one by my previous installer but I thought that's normally what the green wire in the ignition assembly is for.

I though you knew BMW randomly changes colors just for the hell of it?

I think that is the wire that runs the HVAC, no promises.

Test it!

Luke

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Well, finally found it in the power distribution section on the ETM. It's actually for the check panels and radio accessories?

Luke, is the green wire where I normally hook up the 12v+ ignition for car alarms? Bonus question: how do you remove the wire from the a c200 connector? I want to heat shrink the area of insulation damaged by a scotch lock
      Last edited by bmwstephen; 09-20-2012, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Yes, green is proper IGN1 (meaning power when in IGN or crank).

I have a spiffy little pin removal tool...but they rarely go back into the connector properly. Honestly, I would not bother. Get some quality electrical tape, such as Super33 from 3M, see if that meets your standards.

Luke

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Working...
        X