My Vert Custom Audio Install

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mouse
    replied
    Originally posted by Gregs///M
    Only subs are broken in. I've never heard of door speakers that required break in. IN fact, most subs don't require break in, only competition grade sound pressure level competition subs like RE, Digital Designs, etc.

    Hoping to have an update soon with my build. ;)

    Sorry Mike, didn't get a chance to look at your car today. I'll just wait til it's finished.

    Leave a comment:


  • Gregs///M
    replied
    Only subs are broken in. I've never heard of door speakers that required break in. IN fact, most subs don't require break in, only competition grade sound pressure level competition subs like RE, Digital Designs, etc.

    Leave a comment:


  • dashboardmonkey
    replied
    "break in" lol

    Leave a comment:


  • BadfishTX
    replied
    Originally posted by Mouse
    Ok. I finally got to hear the setup. For 95% of you guys out there, here's your review:

    Great sound for a vert. E30 vert for that matter. The car was prepared nicely as well. Through most of the hz range, there is little to no unwanted noise. The noise damping was properly done and you get great bass with clear highs and decent mids. The install looks very clean. Nothing was ghetto tied or shoved in a corner like some installs I see Cruising in this thing with the stereo up will put a smile on your face for sure. :D

    For you audio fanatics:

    The bass can get a bit muddy at times, although, with a hidden ported design, I would expect this. I do not know the specs nor did I look them up, but the mids and highs feel like they are starving for power. I know JL makes great amps for the most part but I'm just used to MOAR POWA!!! :hitler: I know you guys who are serious about ICE have lots of power and control over your systems, but this basic(AMP/DECK/SUB) came out pretty good. (A lot better than I expected.)

    No access to the spare is a downer for me, but I've seen worse. Hell, I'VE had worse!! lol Overall, nice setup OP. I'm glad you are happy with it. That's the important thing.

    Note: I did not tune anything on this setup as I would hope that the installer would have. Mike, if you would like, let me know and I would gladly check it out for you.

    He didnt really tune anything to my knowledge. I was told to let the speakers operate for 20 hrs so they could break in, then come back for tuning. But yea while its at the shop you should tune it! I will be by there after work today again.

    I think the amp is tuned down right now. Its a 5 channel 900 watt amp. 4x100 and 1x500. There should be plenty of power. I would hope

    Leave a comment:


  • Sean S.
    replied
    What speakers did you use in the rear panels? Any mods to them?

    Leave a comment:


  • Mouse
    replied
    Ok. I finally got to hear the setup. For 95% of you guys out there, here's your review:

    Great sound for a vert. E30 vert for that matter. The car was prepared nicely as well. Through most of the hz range, there is little to no unwanted noise. The noise damping was properly done and you get great bass with clear highs and decent mids. The install looks very clean. Nothing was ghetto tied or shoved in a corner like some installs I see Cruising in this thing with the stereo up will put a smile on your face for sure. :D

    For you audio fanatics:

    The bass can get a bit muddy at times, although, with a hidden ported design, I would expect this. I do not know the specs nor did I look them up, but the mids and highs feel like they are starving for power. I know JL makes great amps for the most part but I'm just used to MOAR POWA!!! :hitler: I know you guys who are serious about ICE have lots of power and control over your systems, but this basic(AMP/DECK/SUB) came out pretty good. (A lot better than I expected.)

    No access to the spare is a downer for me, but I've seen worse. Hell, I'VE had worse!! lol Overall, nice setup OP. I'm glad you are happy with it. That's the important thing.

    Note: I did not tune anything on this setup as I would hope that the installer would have. Mike, if you would like, let me know and I would gladly check it out for you.

    Leave a comment:


  • Schnitzer318is
    replied
    The sub box comes out a little further than I would prefer but it looks like a quality build. I'll wait for Mouse to hear it first person to let me know how it sounds. Maybe I'll even get to hear it eventually if/when I ever go visit him.

    Nice setup.

    Leave a comment:


  • einstein57
    replied
    Originally posted by BergerNJ
    Until the US patent office will allow a person to patent a sub box, pvc porting, or dynamatting surfaces on a car. There is no argument.
    If you can get a patent on round corners then you can get it on anything.

    Leave a comment:


  • BadfishTX
    replied
    Originally posted by hotrodlincoln
    I took a little different approach with my sub. I used the 8W3 high output box.

    [ATTACH]61737[/ATTACH]

    Because my trunk looks like this.......

    [ATTACH]61738[/ATTACH]

    😊
    Nice... Air ride is legit.... Love it

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

    Leave a comment:


  • hotrodlincoln
    replied
    I took a little different approach with my sub. I used the 8W3 high output box.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351204794.618144.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	7147840

    Because my trunk looks like this.......

    Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351204824.852132.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	7147841

    😊

    Leave a comment:


  • BadfishTX
    replied
    Originally posted by hotrodlincoln
    [ATTACH]61732[/ATTACH]

    I put spacers and longer screws on my hood release and notched the panel under the dash on the driver's side.

    [ATTACH]61733[/ATTACH]

    Do you have any trouble opening the glovebox? I had to notch mine and shorten the straps that hold it open.

    Still worth it for the better sound. I see you have JL's there. What series? I have C5's.
    JL Audio C3-650 in the front with 1" tweeters the C5 come with .75" tweeters so I choose the bigger tweeter

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

    Leave a comment:


  • BadfishTX
    replied
    The release is mounted its not hanging but I do not have spare access anymore. Don't need it or really want it though

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

    Leave a comment:


  • hotrodlincoln
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351203628.208969.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	7147838

    I put spacers and longer screws on my hood release and notched the panel under the dash on the driver's side.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351203677.599490.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	7147839

    Do you have any trouble opening the glovebox? I had to notch mine and shorten the straps that hold it open.

    Still worth it for the better sound. I see you have JL's there. What series? I have C5's.

    Leave a comment:


  • EN318isPDX
    replied
    Originally posted by dashboardmonkey
    in the pic it looks like it is just hanging there

    do you still have spare tire access?
    Looks like its touching the foot rest. I would kick that thing open.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mouse
    replied
    Looks good man! Can't wait to hear it. I'm off today, you can swing by the house if you want.

    Leave a comment:

Working...