Mygirlfriend jumped the car backwards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mygirlfriend jumped the car backwards

My gf just called me at work to tell me this wonderful news. She said she hooked up the cables backwards and it started smoking.

What am I in for when I get home.

What kind of damage could she have done?

She says she did not try to start it with the cables backwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nothing just lucky she did not blow up battery and blow off her head!!!

Comment

Could be all sorts of problems. Blown fuses will be the most obvious, but you can damage actual circuits if the fuse doesn't blow in time.

Comment

It's prolly fine, I had the same thing happen with my Porsche and everything was fine
        1987 325ic
        2001 996tt
        2000 996c2 vert
        2008 b7 s4
        2008 ml550

Comment

Originally posted by Buzztt View Post
          It's prolly fine, I had the same thing happen with my Porsche and everything was fine

yeah thank sweet baby jesus she didn't try to start it and was smart enough to take them off when smoking. if it doesn't start, check your fuseable link.

also do a running, starting, charging test on the battery to be safe

and make the girl sleep outside tonight as a lesson

Comment

That takes some tallent. Was she watching dukes of hazard? How fast did she get up to in reverse?
            sigpic"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." -Ferdinand Porsche
            The ugly car: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=209713

Comment

Originally posted by bmwguy325is View Post
              That takes some tallent. Was she watching dukes of hazard? How fast did she get up to in reverse?
              This is what I was expecting as well.

Anyway my girlfriend did this a couple weeks ago and all it did was melt the master cylinder cap. No other damage.
              Originally posted by LJ851
              I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

Im punishing her by buying her a 318ti. She can f$&@ that up all day

Comment

Last time I remember this happening I had electrical issues till I sold the car...

Comment

Originally posted by future rs View Post
                    Last time I remember this happening I had electrical issues till I sold the car...
                    Well maybe it's not the first time it's happened to this car. In the couple years I've had it I've had to re wire half the car.

Comment

i did that on accident... =( . but it only blew a fuse i think....

Comment

Oddly enough it blew the blower motor fuse wich for some reason caused the car not to start? It's all good even the battery according to my buddy that went over and fixed it. I guess we got lucky.

Comment

I haven't driven the e30 much since this incedent(got an e28 family car). I drive the 30 to work the otherday and I had to jump it every time I tried to start it. Half the time it would only jump from the front and have the time it would only jump from the rear. Im tired of messing with all the stupid electrical problems this car has. So.....
                          I'm gonna buy a little pick up, park the e30, dump about 7k into it and drive it again in about 3 years when it's done.
                          I'm just tired of driving a half finished project.

Comment

Working...
                          X