You guys are crazy *now PICS* *no56k*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys are crazy *now PICS* *no56k*

Everyone told me I had to hack and chop my rear deck to fit my 6.5" infiniti perfect kappas.

NOPE

did it today. ran the wires down the passengers side, and the speakers just dropped right in. NO MODIFICATION NECESSARY!

we had to cut little 1/4"x1/4" spots to get all the tabs for the screws to fit right, but that was about it

and they bang! sounds very good!

hopefully I can get some components up front soon
    Originally posted by blunt
    can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Before anyone else does it:

My mountains are better than yours.

Comment

you asked for it

they are a little messed up. the previous owner paid $410 for the component set, but lost the grills. so they got a little banged up. but he sold them to me for a hundred bucks with the crossovers and tweeters, and said if they sound anything less than perfect that he'd give me my money back. they do indeed sound perfect.

the tweeters I flushmounted into my civic, as well as the crossovers. but the 6.5's didn't fit in my civic, so I had them lying around. I sold the civic with the tweeters still in it. so since I had these lying around, and my old rear speakers sucked, I put these in

this is the key here- notice how in the stock speakers, there is a distance between the cones and the mounting stuff. that's how the infinitis fit in.

they BARELY fit depth wise. just barely. but no cutting was required.

my hot cd player. I had all the lights on, but my roommate's camera didn't know how to turn his flash off. but you can kinda tell that the cd player lights up all amber. looks real hot, i'll get a no flash pic someday. and yes my floormats are dirty, I'll be putting in grey bmw ones in spring

my L7 with my kx800.2 amp. just need to get power/ground wires and I'll be goood
      can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

niice sub

Comment

Nice wiring :P

Comment

you can pull that dustcap back out!

put a small dab of silicone glue on it, I like "Automotive Goop" I use it for everything.

The put something you can hold in the goop, like a new pencil (not sharpened)

Let the goop dry overnight

In the morning pull up carefully and out she will pop, then just roll the goop back and forth and pick at it with your nail till it peels off. This is ONLY work on plastic cones, do it on paper and you are fucked. Also, make sure its a SMALL dab to begin with, it wont take much (like pinhead size) but if you use too much, its a bitch to remove.
            Tenured Automotive Service Professional - Avid BMW Enthusiast

Vapor Honing & E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
            https://mtechniqueabs.com/

Comment

damn jordan thats good to know. i thought stuff like that would be forver pushed in.
              Cam .W '91 325is

Spaz's 1991 Alpine White???? S52 Build Thread...

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan
                you can pull that dustcap back out!

put a small dab of silicone glue on it, I like "Automotive Goop" I use it for everything.

The put something you can hold in the goop, like a new pencil (not sharpened)

Let the goop dry overnight

In the morning pull up carefully and out she will pop, then just roll the goop back and forth and pick at it with your nail till it peels off. This is ONLY work on plastic cones, do it on paper and you are fucked. Also, make sure its a SMALL dab to begin with, it wont take much (like pinhead size) but if you use too much, its a bitch to remove.

We did that with a 6" kappa perfect cone. Only difference was we used some industrian strength double-stick tape, and the "pencil" was our finger :)
                My mountains are better than yours.

Comment

thanks guys. I'll try that next time it gets a bit warmer. or next time I heat up my garage

Comment

you need to get a bigger ported box for that l7, they suck sealed

Comment

can you fit 6.5s in the front kick panel?
                      BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by Schnell 318
                        you need to get a bigger ported box for that l7, they suck sealed
                        i don't need it crazy loud, and i think ported boxes and bandpass boxes sound sloppy. i'll hook it up and see how it goes, if it needs to be changed i will

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
                          can you fit 6.5s in the front kick panel?
                          Originally posted by Gruelius
                          and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

I don't know. I left the kick panel off of my drivers side, I guess I could find a 6.5" speaker and test it to see if it fits. even if it does, you'll probably have to trim the kick panel speaker hole.

Comment

Yes you can fit 6.5" speakers in the kickpanels, I got the Inifinity Reference seperates in mine and they fit with ease. If you go with the Kicker RMB6 it can be a real pain though, because the magnet on that speaker is so much wider.

Sorry Jordan, no pics right now but maybe after the weekend.

Comment

Working...
                              X