No announcement yet.

Back on track: E30 8",10" and 12" Subwoofers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little off topic - I have done some searching, can't find a really good answer to this.

I have a 90 E30, premium sound, 10" lukebox, Planet Audio AC1800.5 amp, and a 4 Channel headunit ( jvc kdx50-bt)

I finished up installing most of my interior this weekend, and now I'm starting to wonder about the HU. Will I see notable gains by going with a 6 RCA out (dedicated sub out) vs 4 RCA out in the HU? Everything is wired up/installed, just haven't had a chance to fire this all up.
    Last edited by Sarx; 02-05-2013, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Please PM 2 8" ltw box for manual top vert
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sarx View Post
        A little off topic - I have done some searching, can't find a really good answer to this.

I have a 90 E30, premium sound, 10" lukebox, Planet Audio AC1800.5 amp, and a 4 Channel headunit ( jvc kdx50-bt)

I finished up installing most of my interior this weekend, and now I'm starting to wonder about the HU. Will I see notable gains by going with a 6 RCA out (dedicated sub out) vs 4 RCA out in the HU? Everything is wired up/installed, just haven't had a chance to fire this all up.

Well, yes and no. That amp will combine the front and rear signals to make its own sub channel (there is a switch) so as long as you run the sub level controller (it came with it) all is fine.

Originally posted by randomquickness View Post
        Please PM 2 8" ltw box for manual top vert
        Yessir, we will have those ready to ship shortly!

I will get a PM out to you as soon as Justin says we can have them ready.

Don't forget too, we now have E28, E34 and E39 boxes in stock and ready to ship!

Luke

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

got my 10" box today and got it installed.

sounds great! thanks!
          1988 325 "super ETA" - Hilde - M52B28 swapped...
          1969 2002 - Griselda - 20VT AWP swap and full resto in progress...

sigpic

project blog - http://www.cynicalmotorsport.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Cynical 1 View Post
            got my 10" box today and got it installed.

sounds great! thanks!
            Wait...so it got to you before the tracking number said it was supposed to? WTG Fedex!

What woofer did you end up using? Glad to hear you are happy with it. Was the fit as tight as I said? No rattles at all, right?

Thanks!

Luke

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
              Luke, looking to purchase a box from you for my girlfriend's car in a few weeks. Anyway I can also get the sub and amp from you? I'd like to support a r3ver.
              ^

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
                ^
                What? WTF, where was I? lets chat on FB.

Closing SOON!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                  Wait...so it got to you before the tracking number said it was supposed to? WTG Fedex!

What woofer did you end up using? Glad to hear you are happy with it. Was the fit as tight as I said? No rattles at all, right?

Thanks!

Luke

gotta love fed ex.

i'm just using all pioneer head unit, speakers and woofer, and the planet audio 5 channel amp.
                  1988 325 "super ETA" - Hilde - M52B28 swapped...
                  1969 2002 - Griselda - 20VT AWP swap and full resto in progress...

sigpic

project blog - http://www.cynicalmotorsport.blogspot.com/

Comment

Luke could you let me know via PM how much for a 10" grey box shipped to 02145? Are you still selling the unupholstered or partially so ones?

Comment

Originally posted by robo_trigger View Post
                      Luke could you let me know via PM how much for a 10" grey box shipped to 02145? Are you still selling the unupholstered or partially so ones?
                      Did you get back to Justin? He got one all ready to ship for you, it is still sitting here.

Guys we are building more this week, keep the orders coming!

Thanks,
                      Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                        Did you get back to Justin? He got one all ready to ship for you, it is still sitting here.

Guys we are building more this week, keep the orders coming!

Thanks,
                        Luke

He did! thanks Luke, also I got your pm.

Comment

OK cool, just making sure. You got big storm in Boston too?

Closing SOON!

Comment

emailed, looking to get a grey lukebox! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Rook12V View Post
                              emailed, looking to get a grey lukebox! :)
                              Yes sir, you will have it next week.

BTW, does your car have trunk tar?

Closing SOON!

Comment

Yes it does, but I'm aware I'll have to remove it to get the sub box in. Thats fine with me. I can buy a heatgun and go to town :)

Comment

Working...
                                X