Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Undoing a wack

87 E30 with premium sound

Someone installed an aftermarket radio ( cool )
    I'm not a big fan of them.
    they hacked the wires and spliced them ( Ill upload a pix tomorrow when im off work )

all the door speakers are aftermarket and rewired
    the amp looks to be tampered with ( with a direct power running from the fuse box and blue wire to the radio)

seems to be shorting stuff out

Issues:
    i turn on my head likes and my OBC Light turns off along with my A/C light Recurc light and my radio speaker adjustment from L to R.
    When i hit my brakes the radio cuts out for a sec
    lights wont dim

Is it impossible for me to rewire it correctly?

or do i just need to get a OEM radio with long pig tail, solder and take my time?

*Free Pioneer deck to anyone that wants to help me in the OC*
    Last edited by darkcrave; 12-19-2012, 09:19 AM.

sounds like the PO jacked the install up. something i am not unfamiliar with. I dont know what they did wiring stuff to the fuse box.

search from stereoinstaller1's threads. i bet you can find what you need in those. he has one that is the 500$ stereo install thread which explains wiring from HU to AMP to speakers. there is also a thread which explains wiring up non-premium bmw stock speakers.
    98 M3/4/5

Comment

It looks like the only thing he ran to the fues box was the power for the OEM Amp in the Trunk.

Im heading to the junk yard tomorrow, I hope i can find a car with a stock radio and figure it out or something ITS A MESS OMGODSFM

I looked threw stereoinstaller1 threads for about 10 pages but didnt see anything :(

Comment

Working...
      X