Messy wiring from PO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Messy wiring from PO

Ok so here the problem. My brother just bought a 325e (like mine in almost every way) for $1100. Windows didnt work but i fixed that, headlights didnt work but we got that going, then we wanted to get the stereo working. This is a cluster fuck to be honest. I've wired lots of headunits into cars with ease along with new speakers, amps, and subs. None of that compares to what its like in his car.

The PO looks as if he literally ripped the headunit out of anger. He said it wasnt broken into or anything but the wires sure look like they are.

So heres what im going to do since i can only see about 5 wires remaining. Im going to rewire the whole thing... Only question i have is what OEM wire color should i use as the 1) Power, 2) Illumination, 3) Ground. Those on a new unit are typically 1) Red, 2) Yellow, 3) Black. Inside the car i have found that there is a purple wire that has power going through it, a red-gray wire with power going though, and a red-green wire that seems to work as a ground. I would apritiate it if you could tell me which wires i should be using, perhaps by going to your car and looking to see which OEM wire connects to the Red, Yellow, and Black wires in your head unit (if they're aftermarket).

Also while im in here and i could only imagine someone with a Lukebox will read this i wanted to know if you can fit a rear strut bar behind the lukebox in a coupe?

Read this:

Comment

Working...
    X