Okay help w/ my IB install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay help w/ my IB install

I've got the sub mounted onto 3 layers of mdf. 2 of which is acting as spacing rings so the sub can clear the ski hole. My question is this. how critical is the sound deadening (eDead is what i want to use) on the wall between trunk and seats. There is that slim layer of cardboard like stuff that i considered stapling onto the mdf to take the place of the heavier Edead. I know i have to use sound deadening on the rear speaker holes but i want to keep it as light weight as possible. So do i need to use it on the rear seat area or not? I also bought weather stripping to make the final seal.

Dave, can you shoot a pic?

The sound deadning is for the metal, not the wood.

Luke

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

i got the sound deadening in and the sub. Its actually sounds very good. I need a dedicated sub amp though. I just tried it out w/ my 4 channel to see how it sounded. I have some rattles inside the car to work out but so far so good. I didn't take any pictures because i didn't mount the amp and crossovers and whatnot.

Comment

GJ, Dave! So let me guess....really low, kinda less impact that you really want, but shakes the shit out of the car, right?

See if you have some dough mid-nextmonth. The Memphis amps make decent power really cheap and are reliable.

Luke

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

I really think its a nice setup for my car. I finally heard back about my PG amp. They are working on fixing it so hopefully i'll have that back soon so i can sell it. It went into safe mode and i couldn't get it to come out. I will probably just sell it. I am not necessarily looking for a cheap amp but i do want to run my speakers fully active. I don't want 3 amps though. My tweeters are on an atenuator though so they are easy to adjust volume wise.

I have 3 ways so what is your suggestion. Also My 6.5 inch focal has issues w/ puffing air though the center do you have any suggestions of a 6.5 that can hit a bit harder.

CDT eurosport tweeters - love them
          4 inch focal mid - okay
          6.5 inch focal midbass - suck
          Idmax sub - rocks

btw the IB setup is plenty plenty of bass for me. It seems to blend better than when i had the sealed box.

Comment

Working...
          X