strange audio problem. please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strange audio problem. please help

Sorry for the long read. But I need to be specific with this problem. About 4 months ago I got an alpine deck installed and it's been working great. Everything else is stock.

But last week the sound got noisy and then completely stopped. Then it would come back on again and stop again randomly. It quickly got worse, so now when I turn on the car, the speakers only emit noise for a few seconds then completely stop. The deck itself shows no problems and appears to play normally.

Now here is where it gets weird. After trying to get it working, I found out that by turning right while driving would always get the radio to work. turning left or going straight caused it to turn into just noise - no audio.

However, if I am stopped, and I turn the wheel right, it still wont work. So it only works if I am moving and turning right.

Naturally I thought the steering rack must be pulling wires, so I took off the panels and played with the wires to see if I could get some sort of change in the noise or have the audio kick on. But I didn't even get a hint of change in the audio by playing around with the wires. I pulled out the headunit and played with the wires behind there, and I still don't get even a hint of noise change or audio trying to play. So I put it all back together and I still get the same symptoms: it only works when I am driving and turning right.

It's driving me crazy. Can anybody PLEASE give me some insight on why the heck it's doing that? One thing to note, this started happening right after I changed a setting on my HU called "power IC ON" or something like that. I flicked it off which killed all the sound, then I flicked it back on which brought the sound up. But within a couple of days from doing that, this strange thing started happening.

Any help is GREATLY HUGELY appreciated.

Thanks! :)

If you had this done professionally, take it back to the shop where it was done.

There is not one single psychic in the stereo business, so they do not know it is misbehaving.

If they stand behind their work, you should have no hassle.

Luke

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Working...
    X