12W7 3ohm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12W7 3ohm

Don't really know too much about it, but got it for dirt cheap. Anyone seen one up close. I'm kinda perplexed at how you are supposed to mount it up. The frame looks like it has holes right behind the surround for the cone, so no mounting hardware is exposed, correct? Little insight would be great. Any idea what kinda power this sucker will need to even remotely be in operating parameters? Overkill for an e30? I can just see my popout windows shattering violently.
    Supatek -noun - your basic know it all

:-D

Here ya go.

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

Jl 1000/1

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
      https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Cheaper alternative:

1.5 ohm should get you at least 1000 (they're a little over-rated from what I gather), and this seller has a stout reputation. Call before you order, though. They are known to not have items in stock and backorder them for a couple weeks if you just assume "because the item is on the website, it's still in stock".

Anyway, it's not a bad amp at all. Actually it's a fine amp. Class D topology, 1 ohm stable, it'll run that thing all day and night without a hitch. If I wanted to run a W7, that'd be my choice. Unfortunately, I'm pretty comfortable with my 750 watt cap on power consumption by my stereo (in this car, at least).
        I retired my E30 for now...
        E46 323i
        David Schultz

Comment

The bx1500d has had a bad reputation of being slightly underrated. Also from my experiences, it's a bit power hungry (especially for the stock electrical system on an e30). Still one of the best bang for the buck amps.

JL 1000/1, while pricey, has a regulated power supply and will put out solid power during music due to impedence changes, and will also be nicer on your car.

Any system that big is at least going to need good wiring and a new battery.

Comment

Working...
          X