Help with the installation of Analog clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with the installation of Analog clock

I trying to install an analog clock in my 1990 E30 coupe. But the connection come from the car is different from the connection on the back of clock. How do I make it work? Has anyone done this before? Electronic OBC to analog clock conversion.

Please advise.
    thanks.
    2005 BMW 545i 6M
    2005 Toyota Corolla CE
    2003 Jaguar X-Type 2.5

If you do a search, you will find that I explained how to do it in other threads.

-Erik

*EDIT* here is the info. I just explained it all to Josh not more than a few weeks ago.

You just need to splice the 4 wire connector into the harness of your OBC. There are markings on the back of the clock identifying each of the 4 wires. The markings are as follows:

30 ----- power
    31 ----- ground
    58k ---- power for light
    31g ---- ground for light

you can figure out which wire goes where if you look at the wiring diagram in the bentley manual.

If you don't have the 4 wire connector, you can use one from a side mirror as Marakka will state below.

Next time, do a search

-Erik

Comment

I am sure this has been explained before. Perhaps the search function would have helped.

The connector you need is nearly the same as the connector for the power mirror plug. You'll have to shave some tabs off of the power mirror plug to make it work. I'm not sure what wires run what on the clock, but I'm sure that someone has done a writeup on it.... have fun looking.

Comment

Thanks for posting that, Erik. I've got one I'm installing soon, also.

Comment

its quite easy just did it myself. and yes I searched and found your description on the wires... Imagine that.
          HDE30 <3

Comment

What About Converting The Digitial Wiring From The Car Into The Analog Plug? In Other Words, I Have The Analog Clock Plug With 4 Pins (bought From Ebay) And The Wiring From The Car Is The Wiring For Regular Digital Clock, How Does That Work?
            2005 BMW 545i 6M
            2005 Toyota Corolla CE
            2003 Jaguar X-Type 2.5

Comment

Originally posted by BMWZ4ANDE30
              What About Converting The Digitial Wiring From The Car Into The Analog Plug? In Other Words, I Have The Analog Clock Plug With 4 Pins (bought From Ebay) And The Wiring From The Car Is The Wiring For Regular Digital Clock, How Does That Work?
              Wow...

30 ----- power
              31 ----- ground
              58k ---- power for light
              31g ---- ground for light

This means that you need to look in your bentley manual and find the corresponding wires for the current digital OBC that you have. You will find what wire colors correspond to each of these different functions. After you do that, you splice the matching wires from the clock to the harness that's back there for your OBC. You can splice any number of ways. Don't hurt yourself or the car. You may want to disconnect the negative terminal on the battery before doing this.

Comment

thanks for the information now we can put on the clock on my friends car :D
                sigpic
                BMW 325IS 1987
                www.eurocrewpr.com

Comment

Originally posted by BMWZ4ANDE30 View Post

If you have the BASIC digital clock (NO obc functions), it's just plug and play. I did it in my 84 318.
                  Originally posted by Gruelius
                  and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Working...
                  X