Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone own the Blaupunkt Toronto RDM126?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone own the Blaupunkt Toronto RDM126?

If so, can you give me your opinion of this unit in our E30?

1) How is the anti-skip protection for CDs (any problems with skipping CD's)?

2) How is the AM/FM reception with our stock power antenna?

3) Is the backlighting spot on like I have been reading?

4) How far does it stick out of the Hvac panel? Is it really close to flush?

Anyother additional comments are welcome.

I have had this unit in my e28 for many years. I like it so much that I finally found another one for the e30.

It is easy to adjust the color to exactly match the BMW orange dash. The display is bright and easy to see (at least in a sedan). The faceplate is classic and doesn't look out of place in the M5. It doesn't protrude from the dash very far at all.

The Toronto has enough power to easily push my stock speakers. I have it connected to an Infinity Basslink powered subwoofer for the lows. The radio reception is pretty good. I don't listen to CD's often but haven't had any problems with them skipping when I do.

I haven't installed the Toronto in my e30 yet because I've been waiting for a 'vert power top Luke box since May 2012. I want to install it all at one time.

I only wish the Toronto was XM compatible but I doubt satellite radio even existed when it was new.

Where did you find one? I got tired of searching and eventually settled on a factory reconditioned unit.

Doug

Comment

Can you further explain by "pretty good" when you were explaining the radio reception? Radio reception is very, very important to me as, like you, I do not play CDs that often.

Have you had any reception problems when it comes to this radio and receiving either AM or FM signals? Please let me know.

Also, how long have you had your radio in your e28? Did you ever experience the famous display/pixel problems that I keep reading (and worried) about?

Also, to answer your question. I kind of stumbled upon it on Ebay last week. He had it for sale for a few weeks and at first was asking A LOT of money for it but the price kept going down and finally I snatched it.

How long ago did you purchase the reconditioned one and was it reconditioned from Blaupunkt? Do they still recondition them to this day as I have not heard anything about reconditioned ones for sale and I did a lot of research before buying the one I got from Ebay. Also, curious, if you don't mind telling me. How much did you get yours for?

Mine is supposed to arrive this Thursday and I am looking forward to it :)

Comment

The radio reception is as good as my modern vehicles. I live in a rural area but have no trouble picking up and hanging on to the stations of my choice. I don't think I have ever listened to AM radio on it though so I cannot comment about that.

Can't remember when I bought it for my e28 but probably more than 10 years ago. Maybe many more.

I have never had any problems with the pixels or any thing else.

I purchased the used one about two years ago, also from ebay. The seller had it reconditioned by Blaupunkt for his Porsche but they took so long he bought a different radio. He included the Thumber remote but I'm not sure I will be using it.

I cannot remember what I paid for it but because I'd searched for well over a year before this one came up, I didn't care. I seem to remember I paid what the repairs cost and the seller was happy to get his money back out of it.

I'm hoping to hear from Luke soon that my box is ready. Convertible season is here and I'm anxious to get this done.

Enjoy your Toronto!

Comment

Have either of you figured out to wire up an auxiliary input?

Apparently there was a wiring harness for this (part number 7607 890 093) but of course hard to find.

image here: http://www.continentalimports.com/7607890093.html

If it's not obvious, I'm trying to figure out a way to use an iPod with this unit.

Comment

And as soon as I posted I found part #7607 001 504 which looks like it might work.

Comment

Aux input

If anyone cares, I ended up getting this from BlueSpot in the UK:

Blaupunkt 7 607 001 508 RCA plug aux-input lead (2nd)

Then got a cheap RCA to mini-headphone cable. I can plug in the iPod, but have to crank the volume up to get similar levels as Radio/CD.

Now just need to get the cigarette lighter working so I can charge the iPod.
              Last edited by Box400; 08-12-2013, 01:10 PM. Reason: clarity

Comment

Working...
              X