Rattle from headliner/sunroof?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rattle from headliner/sunroof?

I just installed a Lukebox, which I love, but now that I have some solid bass in the car, I am getting a rattle from the headliner or sunroof tray, directly above the rear seat. If I sit in the back, and push up on the headliner against the sunroof tray area the sound goes away. This isn't a minor rattle either, nor is it a huge amount of bass required to cause it. In face, once it started, it seems to have gotten worse, and rattle at lower volumes than before.
    Has anybody else experienced this? Any ideas on how to solve it?
    I am really hoping there is a solution that doesn't involve dropping the headliner, as I really don't have the time to take that on.

There are metal rods that run from one side of the car to another under the headliner , and a very thick foam like material glued to the sheet metal.

There is no way to fix anything in the headliner area w/o pulling the headliner....

Does opening or closing the sunroof make the rattle go away? Possibly it's the sunshade sunroof slider that slides back, that's another thing.
    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

If you pull the front of the headliner of the sunroof
      It's held on with metal clips that look like an upside down V
      You can stretch them open with a screwdriver
      So the space between the v is a little wider
      That way when the v clip goes in
      It goes in tight
      I also had some clips from the door panels left over from my m3 e92
      That have small foam O shaped gaskets
      I used those as well, so the metal v clip of the headliner, doesn't directly touch the metal of the sunroof
      But you can easily use some electrical tape or something similar

Comment

I don't think it is the sunroof panel. It sounds more like its coming from the back of the sunroof assembly tray, about 6 inches ahead of the rear windshield. I guess I'm going to have to live with it, as I have no intention of pulling all of the glass to drop the headliner any time soon.

Comment

Working...
        X