Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any way to wire in a lights on when car turned off beeping sound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any way to wire in a lights on when car turned off beeping sound?

Hey guys, so I hate the fact that when I leave my lights on in the e30... I forget to turn them off. Ugh! Annoys me because one day it will drain the battery. So like the title states. Anyone know how to wire something up or hook something up that's makes a sound when the lights are on, and the key is off?
    sigpic

1989 BMW 325is (SOLD)
    1990 BMW 325i Brilliantrot (SOLD)
    1992 BMW 325IC (SOLD)
    1991 BMW 318IS (STOLEN!)

2017 BMW M2 (WEEKEND WARRIOR)
    (GRIGIO TELESTO RESPRAY, FULL BOLT ONS, TUNE-HPFP AND TURBO UPGRADE COMING AFTER WARRANTY IS DONE)
    1989 BMW 325IC (PROJECT(
    2002 FORD ESCAPE (DAILY)
    2001 BMW 330CI (FOR SALE SOON)

"R3v, being a bunch of cheap bastards that would try to negotiate a discount on a free engine,"

Originally posted by MT325is View Post
    Hey guys, so I hate the fact that when I leave my lights on in the e30... I forget to turn them off. Ugh! Annoys me because one day it will drain the battery. So like the title states. Anyone know how to wire something up or hook something up that's makes a sound when the lights are on, and the key is off?
    It can be done but the good thing is that when you turn the engine off the lights turn off as well. Only the parking lights stay on regardless how you left the light switch.

Comment

Put your buzzer back in, your car came with that feature

Closing SOON!
      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

What? Mine doesn't buzz if i leave the lights on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
        92 325ic 5 speed, hard top, windscreen, 133k, for sale
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lylefk View Post
          What? Mine doesn't buzz if i leave the lights on.
          Ya x2... second e30.. and not heard a buzz before. Maybe i have to listen better for it?
          sigpic

1989 BMW 325is (SOLD)
          1992 BMW 325IC (SOLD)
          1991 BMW 318IS (STOLEN!)

(GRIGIO TELESTO RESPRAY, FULL BOLT ONS, TUNE-HPFP AND TURBO UPGRADE COMING AFTER WARRANTY IS DONE)
          1989 BMW 325IC (PROJECT(
          2002 FORD ESCAPE (DAILY)

"R3v, being a bunch of cheap bastards that would try to negotiate a discount on a free engine,"

Comment

The previous owner must had took it out. I believe its the gong under the knee panel that buzz. I have three buzzer/gong for sale if you guys need it. $20 shipped
            Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
              Put your buzzer back in, your car came with that feature
              Mine didn't..... I have the gong hooked up and it does go off if I leave the key in the ignition on acc and open the door. No warning for the lights.

Comment

there is an easy way.
                1)get some wire out
                2)say out loud 'i will be a normal person and remember to turn my lights off'
                3)have a friend whip you in the face with the wire

if all goes right, you should never forget

Comment

Just look at your car after you get out. If there are lights lit up on the outside then it means you left them on, you should go back inside and turn them off at this point.

Comment

This is kind of interesting...I cant say I have ever paid that close of attention to the headlight buzzers in E30s, but I know mine worked and lots of cars I did check worked...but now I am thinking not all of them do!

I will spend some time working on the schematic, I will figure out how to make the stock buzzer do "lights on" warning sometime soon here.

BTW, OP, you want headlight buzzer, what about door chime? Key chime? I will hack on the stock wiring when I get a chance and let you know how to do it.

Luke

Closing SOON!
                    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Ya I do turn it off when I notice. But sometimes you drive thru a dark area, foggy, etc.. And I end up turning them on in mid day.. But when to get to the destination the weather is good and visible. That's when I don't notice that they are still on!

But as of now, all my buzzers and beepers work. Except nothing for the headlights! So I'm kinda just looking for any kind of reminder that will help me remember to turn em off.
                      sigpic

1989 BMW 325is (SOLD)
                      1992 BMW 325IC (SOLD)
                      1991 BMW 318IS (STOLEN!)

1989 BMW 325IC (PROJECT(
                      2002 FORD ESCAPE (DAILY)

Comment

i just took a door gong and basically tap in only the red wires aka the power wires(n00b term and since there was no door gong in the first place) and splice one into one of the wires that goes to the running lights from the light switch, basically feeding power to the door gong if you pull the switch up one(if you get what i mean)

and one into the ignition just so i can have a chime when i start my car(personal preference) and some other goodies like the door gong going off ONLY when the car is on when a door is open :P seems like i havent clarified it enough but as soon as i get back ill provide pics and the wire i spliced into
                        Last edited by Jrey; 07-24-2013, 08:33 PM.
                        1986 325e (EUR)
                        Grey Market
                        Zinno
                        327i Build
                        Zender kit
                        ESM 008TA

Restoration progress TBA

Originally posted by ethrtyiS
                        sweet! day after my first final. really getting waffleswaffleswaffleswafflesed up then!!

Comment

So I have left my lights on for 5 hours. I know cause I was in class. Car started when I can back to it.
                          But ya I rember the gong that came in my car was loud enough to hear in the house if you left the door open. Thus why it is gone.
                          I just got in the habit of always checking. Key off left hand on light knob bam light off.....
                          sigpic"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." -Ferdinand Porsche
                          The ugly car: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=209713

Comment

My Canadian 318is is wired up to run the low beams and parking lights as DRLs, so they turn on and off with the engine. You can probably look up the wiring on realoem and swap it to that setup, if you don't mind running your lowbeams during the day. Weirdly, with the Canadian setup pulling the headlight switch out one step, turns the lows off and leaves the parking lights on, even when the engine is off.
                            Last edited by word is bond; 07-29-2013, 12:44 AM.
                            diamantschwarz 1991 318is

Comment

I hate that door gong.. So annoying.

Is the Canadian 318 oem wired for drls? Or you do it?
                              sigpic

1989 BMW 325is (SOLD)
                              1992 BMW 325IC (SOLD)
                              1991 BMW 318IS (STOLEN!)

1989 BMW 325IC (PROJECT(
                              2002 FORD ESCAPE (DAILY)

Comment

Working...
                              X