Head Unit & OBC = No Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Head Unit & OBC = No Power

Today I removed the stereo the previous owner had (older alpine HU) to swap in mine (Sony w\Bluetooth & USB). After I removed the old Alpine I cut its harness off from the cars wires leaving a couple of inches thinking that I could just match up the colors from my Sony HU harness. So I did and it was pretty straight forward. But when I switched on the car the new Sony HU did not power up, nothing at all and all of a sudden the OBC is not working either, whatsoever, the display is black.

I took some pics, the speakers were straight forward, after that though I'm struggling.

-did speaker wires first
    -BMW Brown connect to harness black
    -BMW violet/grey connect to harness red
    -BMW green/red connect to harness yellow
    -BMW grey/red left it capped/disconnected
    -BMW white wire, not sure what to connect to so it is disconnected right now (tried connecting to harness blue & harness blue/white and no luck)
    -I didn't bother connecting RCA's, antenna or amp remote wire yet
    -My harness has 3 wires left; blue, blue/white and a ver light blue colored wire.

I tried connecting the blue and blue/white to the white wire from BMW with no success either time and now the 6 button OBC also appears to be dead.

Any suggestions?

Got the OBC working, it was a fuse...now back to the HU *crosses fingers*

Comment

*Solved*

Car Dash________ Harness
      White wire ------- solid blue (power antenna)
      Grey/Red ------- left untapped (dimmer wire but HU does not support)

From Amp__________Harness/Head Unit
      Remote wire -------- Blue/White
      RCA's --------- RCA's (sub out)

The light blue wire on the harness was labeled ATT and I left that untapped and taped it off. Everything is working great!

Comment

perfect

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Working...
        X