Need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some help

Hey guys! I recently picked up a 318is but im having some issues... big issues.
    i was replacing the aftermarket head unit yesterday and everything was going great until i got home after i put it in and poof.... car wont start. Nothing.. nada.. no turning over no starter clicks lights and accessories work flawlessly though.. It may have something to do with an after market alarm a previous owner put in although im not sure.

I've been trying to get the old wiring from the alarm out but have made minimal progress. i have a few pictures of the drivers side kick panel where most of alarm wiring seems to be isolated.

Here is a link to a small album: http://imgur.com/a/2GwEe

What? Another R3V member here in the middle of nowhere?

There are a few things that could have messed you up...but nothing specifically in the radio hole.

I don't think your car has the factory anti-theft system, so it is unlikely you somehow triggered that, but the aftermarket alarm may be an issue.

Did you by chance remove any wires from a black wire near the column?

I am just north of you in Centralia. If you see a tatty old E34 on big wheels with a satin black hood, thats me.

Welcome to r3v!

Luke

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Hey Luke, turns out it was the alarm system. There was a bad crimp that I knocked loose that was connected to the ignition wire.

I may be booking into buying a sub enclosure from you sometime soon is local pickup an option?

Comment

Originally posted by poiper View Post
        Hey Luke, turns out it was the alarm system. There was a bad crimp that I knocked loose that was connected to the ignition wire.

I may be booking into buying a sub enclosure from you sometime soon is local pickup an option?
        Of course! Or, feel free to pop by, see our little dump where we build all these cool goodies. Give me a call or text: 425- seven six one- 6450

Good catch, BTW. Done the same myself!

Luke

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Thanks Luke! ill probably be dropping you a line sometime later this week so we can set something up.

Comment

Working...
          X