E30 Door Pods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JOeyKnapp View Post
    Hello Steven, I am flattered that you like the door pods I built. I spent quite a bit of time coming up with a design that would allow a speaker to fit without cutting any metal as well as be aesthetically pleasing and compliment the design of the OEM door. If you would like to see more of this build done by my shop you can check out our website at:

We would be glad to serve any E30 owners if they are looking for a similar level of quality work.
    Thanks.
    Joey, if you have extra time, im sure you could get a group buy going and sell quite a few of these.
    also welcome to the forum. is that your M3?
    Much wow
    I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
      Joey, if you have extra time, im sure you could get a group buy going and sell quite a few of these.
      also welcome to the forum. is that your M3?
      That m3 is from Colorado.

Feedback!
      Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
      Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

how are the fastened? just to the door skin or to the actual metal frame below?
        1991 318is ---230K - DD
        1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
        so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

Comment

Damn, I kind of love it. You get a group buy and people will be in for sure.
          sigpic
          TRANSACTION FEEDBACK HERE
          FOR SALE ITEMS HERE

Comment

Would this kill the door cards? Sell it un painted tho,
            Originally Posted by Exodus
            He also kept asking why someone local didn't just go to the guys house and break his kneecaps, as they would do in Romania. He couldn't understand how us Americans are so laid back about shit like this.

Comment

Sounds like I need to make these

Feedback!

Comment

The set I made were secured to the door card, as well as attached to the door with a rivetnutted bolt and a bracket. For a detailed look at the installation, you can check our build log for the car: http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...o-mosconi.html

One thing to note, it would be a little tricky to fit a conventional speaker in there without cutting. A 5 1/4" might fit. We use the Illusion speakers that have a top mounted magnet/motor assembly. We weren't allowed to cut any metal in this build.

I had thought of pulling a mold off these when I was priming them, but I didn't think there would have been a demand for it.

We also did a subwoofer in the passenger footwell. Overall the car sounded really good, even considering the constraints of the installation. Let me know if I can answer any questions regarding the installation.
                Simplicity In Sound
                2013 ME Magazine Top 12 Installer
                2013 MECA SQ Judge
                2013 MECA Install Judge

Comment

Originally posted by JOeyKnapp View Post
                  The set I made were secured to the door card, as well as attached to the door with a rivetnutted bolt and a bracket. For a detailed look at the installation, you can check our build log for the car: http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...o-mosconi.html

One thing to note, it would be a little tricky to fit a conventional speaker in there without cutting. A 5 1/4" might fit. We use the Illusion speakers that have a top mounted magnet/motor assembly. We weren't allowed to cut any metal in this build.

I had thought of pulling a mold off these when I was priming them, but I didn't think there would have been a demand for it.

We also did a subwoofer in the passenger footwell. Overall the car sounded really good, even considering the constraints of the installation. Let me know if I can answer any questions regarding the installation.
                  Thanks for the build link as I got a lot of placement ideas out of it.

I have been trying to find a way to reinstall the Dynaudio System 340 I have into the doors or kickpanels, but you bring up a good point of space. I might have to let go of the Dynaudios and go with the Illusion speakers you used as I do not want to cut any metal either.

Do you have a number I can contact you at?

My 1989 e30 s52 Touring... this is Betty

My 1989 325i vert (sold)...this is Nina

My 1991 M5 (sold)... this is Veronica

Photo comparison: OEM vs aftermarket windscreen for a convertible

Comment

The best way to contact me for things like this is to go to our website and fill out the contact form: http://simplicityinsound.com/

We have a Nissan GTR at our shop right now that was shipped to us from Vancouver. We will be driving it up to the client when it is completed. I am excited to see the city, I have heard it is beautiful.

Originally posted by MC Hammered View Post
                    Thanks for the build link as I got a lot of placement ideas out of it.

I have been trying to find a way to reinstall the Dynaudio System 340 I have into the doors or kickpanels, but you bring up a good point of space. I might have to let go of the Dynaudios and go with the Illusion speakers you used as I do not want to cut any metal either.

Do you have a number I can contact you at?
                    Simplicity In Sound
                    2013 ME Magazine Top 12 Installer
                    2013 MECA SQ Judge
                    2013 MECA Install Judge

Comment

I would be interested for sure. I was thinking about making up a set myself, however time is scarce these days.
                      CCW- when every second counts... The police are just minutes away!

Comment

I am interested as well. Looks great. I like how they used a stock location in the build as well.

Comment

I'm working on em!

Feedback!

Comment

Originally posted by simplicityinsound View Post
                            Older or newer illusion's?

Comment

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post
                              Not sure. They are the more thin ones because otherwise you'd have to it metal in the back

Feedback!

Comment

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post
                                According to the build thread those are the current generation Illusions at MSRP is $1000 per set.

My 1989 e30 s52 Touring... this is Betty

My 1989 325i vert (sold)...this is Nina

My 1991 M5 (sold)... this is Veronica

Photo comparison: OEM vs aftermarket windscreen for a convertible

Comment

Working...
                                X