Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with installing an aftermarket stereo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with installing an aftermarket stereo!

Hey guys,

I'm after some help with an aftermarket stereo I'm trying to install - it's a Pioneer MVH-155UI - has a standard looking connector plug.

The issue I'm having is with the dash wires - which seem pretty messed up as it appears the PO abruptly removed the stereo before I took ownership.

Attached are pictures of the wiring, I believe all the wiring is there, I'm just a little lost as most wires do not correspond to colours I have read in wiring diagrams.

Any help would be awesome!

What year/model? Do you have premium sound? What about a fader control on the dash?

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
      What year/model? Do you have premium sound? What about a fader control on the dash?
      1990/318i with a m40 from a 93 e36

I don't believe it had premium sound and no idea on fader control - sorry!

Comment

The big trick is to dig around, see if you can find twisted pairs of wires.

In US cars, almost all non-amplified late-ish cars had 4 pairs of wires behind the deck.

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Working...
        X