Antenna delete plug - $.30 solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by itskingsteelo View Post
    do you have a part number for the piece? also can you rehost the picture? it doesnt seem to be working. thanks!!
    Sure. I found it at Ace Hardware, don't know the part number.

Comment

question is how well will it withstand the sun.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBMW View Post
        question is how well will it withstand the sun.
        Buy 10 for a grand total of $3 and replace yearly if you're concerned...

Comment

The plug looks good. Now i gotta find an Ace store
          Originally posted by dvck
          I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

If you make the defrost into an antenna can it still function as defrost?

Comment

Originally posted by dustyperez View Post
              If you make the defrost into an antenna can it still function as defrost?
              No. One or the other only, not both.

You could get fancy with some relays and make it work for both, but it would only work for one at a time. I.E. - Antenna all the time except when you hit the defrost button, then you no longer have an antenna until it turns back off.

Comment

Going to look into this, Thanks

Comment

Ace in walking distance, off I go!

Comment

Thanks, I'll check out Ace soon.

Comment

Ace Hardware on Ventura didn't have anything like that.

Comment

Originally posted by ParsedOut View Post
                        Went down to my local Ace Hardware and found these nifty rubbery plugs in their hardware section. For all of 30 cents, you can grab the 7/8" ID plug which fits PERFECTLY in the empty antenna hole. I popped it in while still in the parking lot with a very satisfying snap. This is weather tight as is, doesn't need sealant.

Also way better than paying 25x the price for what is currently offered to only have to use a sealant to make it work. If I were a shrewd business man I'd stock up on these suckers and sell them for $5 each and make tens of dollars a week...instead I figured I'd share the information.

Ace's website is terrible, but I found the exact same thing on McMaster so you know what to look for in the store.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#9750k25/=pfua15
                        Are they rubber or plastic? The product on the McMaster link says plastic but you mentioned rubber.

Comment

grabbed this at ACE today. thanks for the write up.. very helpful, especially since it started raining today.

fits great.

Untitled by cgk325i, on Flickr
                          sigpic

Comment

I am using BMW brand plug 07147140850

Comment

Originally posted by cgk_iii View Post
                              grabbed this at ACE today. thanks for the write up.. very helpful, especially since it started raining today.

fits great.

Untitled by cgk325i, on Flickr
                              What was the part number from ACE? Is it plastic or rubber?

Comment

^cool but looks like your trunk lid is open or missing. Lol! I have a nappa option since I never found the ace option. Chrysler makes a rear end plug that fits great. It's $3 and since my plastic plug blew out that's sold on the forum by another member on the way to Fl. I was in a bind. pn# 704-1949. It's larger on the face but got me home in the rain!

Comment

Working...
                                X