CM5908 Slider Deck Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CM5908 Slider Deck Issues

So I've got a CM5908 (Slider Alpine cassette deck) that has been giving me issues recently.

1) The Bass will adjust itself down without touching the "Mode" button or slider. It randomly continues to do so after being readjusted.

2) The FR speaker has been cutting out and not will not play at all. I've confirmed that the speaker and stock wiring from the deck are all good as I've test them in the other speaker outs on the rear of the headunit with no issues. So this seems to be an issue with the decks FR out.

Are there any solutions to these issues, or is this a common occurrence with these older slider decks?

Thanks in advance!
    sigpic
    1991 318is S52
    1987 325i Vert
    1991 325i
    2011 e70 X5

Need Anything E30? -> http://www.gutenparts.com/

Bueller?
    sigpic
    1991 318is S52
    1987 325i Vert
    1991 325i
    2011 e70 X5

Comment

Wow...bass only, or will other functions do that "self-adjust" nonsense too?

BTW, never heard of this on the stock decks, but later Alpines that had the same basic control did much the same (CDA 9855 were notorious).

If you are losing only one corner of audio, it may well be the stock amp...but I did not see if you were discussing the Premium Sound or not

Closing SOON!
      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
        Wow...bass only, or will other functions do that "self-adjust" nonsense too?

BTW, never heard of this on the stock decks, but later Alpines that had the same basic control did much the same (CDA 9855 were notorious).

If you are losing only one corner of audio, it may well be the stock amp...but I did not see if you were discussing the Premium Sound or not
        The treble sometimes too. Its really weird, i'll see if I can get it on video. As far as my sound setup, I have a 318is with non-premium sound.
        sigpic
        1991 318is S52
        1987 325i Vert
        1991 325i
        2011 e70 X5

Comment

Originally posted by GThomas View Post
          The treble sometimes too. Its really weird, i'll see if I can get it on video. As far as my sound setup, I have a 318is with non-premium sound.
          Gotcha..yeah, swap decks. It is likely bad, some weirdness somewhere.

Closing SOON!
          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Working...
          X