Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FIXED!! Hopefully not an idiotic premium speaker question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
    Now, go find yourself a late model (89+) brakelight and rear deck! You have to invent your own mounts, but it is NBD to do so. Plugs are the same, but late models have a hole for bulb access, so you will have to take it apart to swap bulbs...or punch a hole...again, NBD.

Good job. Simple, ain't it?

Sounds OK? If the speakers are yellow, keep an eye out for a set of front Premiums that are nice and black. The sun kills speakers, fronts are protected better.

You can solder, right?

Luke
    Thanks! So what's the difference between the early-and late-model rear deck? The bulb accessibility? I've got the rear deck these speakers just came out of that I could hold onto and swap at some point. The speakers are nice and black and sound pretty good to my naive ears at least. What would happen to the sound if the speakers were affected by sun? I can solder, yes. Speaking of solder, I miiiight have a question for you about the front tweeters depending what I find in the parts car tomorrow.

It was really easy to do, especially with those handy perforations. One side was only half-done but I traced the rest myself. It's so nice when most of the work is done for you!
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Late model has a smaller third brake light.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
        ...hopefully this post could be a helpful DIY for others in the future!
        Found this and will be starting tomorrow with the contents of your post. Thx!
        :devil:Alex:devil:
        '89 e30

Comment

Working...
        X