Fuse 21 draw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuse 21 draw?

Anybody know the amp draw for fuse 21 while the car is off. I had a no start situation yesterday, the battery was low. Fuse 21 is drawing .13 milliamps, when pulled it goes down to .03, Is that normal? The battery is relatively new and I had it tested and pass at vatozone.

It is an 87 325is.

That is not normal. Typical parasitic draw would be 30-40ma, which is what you see when the fuse is pulled. Probable suspects for the excess draw would be the glove box light, glove box flashlight charger circuit, instrument cluster, radio or trunk light. The other things powered by the fuse would be obvious.

130ma isn't all that much draw. Unless the car sat for a long time a fully charged battery would not have run down. An aged battery or a weak alternator could shorten that time dramatically.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I was not sure if I was reading the meter correctly. Now I guess the I will be hunting for the culprit.

Comment

A bad SI board in the cluster or a problem with the radio would be my first picks. The current draw (~100ma) is too low for it to be a bulb.
        The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
        Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Working...
        X