Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sealed beam to euro smiley install for the slightly retarded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sealed beam to euro smiley install for the slightly retarded?

I picked up a set of euro ellips on the weekend but can't seem to find a helpful guide to install them? If anyone has any help it would be appreciated. I cut the pigtails off the donor car and have at least 6 inches of wire on each. The wire colors on the pigtails are different colors then what is described in most guides, if anyone has any help let me know! Thanks

Brown wires are ground, the other wire is power. It really doesn't matter on the plug side though as it is just a light bulb. On your current low beam, you will not need one of the wires. Sealed beams are dual filament in the low beam and on of the wires turns on when the high beams are on. Just tape this wire up.

You can find a wiring diagram for your car here:

Comment

Originally posted by P33G View Post
      I picked up a set of euro ellips on the weekend but can't seem to find a helpful guide to install them? If anyone has any help it would be appreciated. I cut the pigtails off the donor car and have at least 6 inches of wire on each. The wire colors on the pigtails are different colors then what is described in most guides, if anyone has any help let me know! Thanks
      Canada E30s should be the same as the US right? If so then it is a little more involved than just splicing in the pigtails, I will try to find the guide that I downloaded. It is invaluable. You will be working inside the fuse/relay box and adding a relay and changing the wiring around for the high/low on the old sealed beam.
      This is the right/safe way to do it.
      You will need to order one or two terminals from BMW, and a single pole relay
      if I remember correctly. I might have all the parts you need.
      It is really not that hard to do, just time consuming.

Thanks,
      Stan
      Last edited by The White Guy; 05-20-2014, 03:54 PM. Reason: Wording

Comment

Here is the link to the PDF guide I used.

Thanks,
        Stan

Comment

Originally posted by The White Guy View Post
          Canada E30s should be the same as the US right? If so then it is a little more involved than just splicing in the pigtails, I will try to find the guide that I downloaded. It is invaluable. You will be working inside the fuse/relay box and adding a relay and changing the wiring around for the high/low on the old sealed beam.
          This is the right/safe way to do it.
          You will need to order one or two terminals from BMW, and a single pole relay
          if I remember correctly. I might have all the parts you need.
          It is really not that hard to do, just time consuming.

Thanks,
          Stan
          if it helps i have the donor car available to take parts from to make work, if you could send me that guide it would help a lot! thanks

Comment

Originally posted by The White Guy View Post
            Here is the link to the PDF guide I used.

www.billswebspace.com/E30LightingConversionInformationXMon.pdf

Thanks,
            Stan
            Silly Rabbit..Check link to PDF download in previous post. It works for me.
            Last edited by The White Guy; 05-22-2014, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X