front and rear splice question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

front and rear splice question.

So Ive got everything hooked up and playing, messed around with tuning the amp, and it all sounds great.

Sound coming out of the fronts, the backs and the sub. However the amp seems to only be feeding the rears/sub while the fronts are being powered by the deck.

At first I didnt notice too well, but now I can hear it when I tried unplugging the rcas at the amp. The fronts and only the fronts were making sound.

So I followed the guide for non-premium wiring, but mine has a fader.

I used the

"Here is a quickie: How to wire in the speakers on a non-premium car." page 3 of how to install a killer stereo.

I did the rears like one of the photos, running 4 pairs of speaker wires (2 spliced with rear half of the rear speaker wires. and 2 spliced with front half of the rear speaker wires.)

Then I followed the next part where the fronts.

"so how does that get to the front speakers? Simple, you connect them together behind the deck"

but it didnt cover if it had a fader. So I followed another guide where it involved cutting the stock fader back about a foot to reveal 2 bundles with 3 wires each. :

I applied the connect behind the deck guide to the fader guide... maybe mistake?

"
    1. Remove deck
    2. remove fader
    3. unwrap wires to the fader, about 8 to 10 inches before the plug.

You will find 2 sets of 3 wires, all brown, or like brown/orange.

These are your speaker negatives.

Now, use yellow/red for the left front positive and the wire it is twisted with is the ground for that speaker.

Yellow/black will be the left rear positive, the twisted wire is the ground for that speaker

Blue/red is right front, again with the twisted wire thing...bet you see the pattern now, dont'cha?"

Now I wasnt sure what to do because.. well this didnt specify, only identified the wires. Im sure a more experienced person wouldve known but for a newb like me, I interpreted it as best as I could.

So anyways I found the fader wiring as described above and combined the LF + with the LR + and the LF- with the LR -, and I did the same with the right side.

I know this is a lot to read, but Im just trying to figure if I approached the fader wiring properly or not.

Im guessing not.. because Id like to have my fronts powered by the amp as well.

Thanks in advance .

nevermind problem solved.

found another location where PO made his own lines behind the kickpanel, therefore making the connections I made behind the deck not have any effect at all.

returned the connections to stock wiring behind the panels and all is well again. a week later. lol.

Comment

Working...
    X