Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wire identification

Hey guys
    First off, I'm a new e30 owner (as of last night). I just purchased a 1988 325i.
    The center console was out of the vehicle when I picked it up. As I went to put it back together today, I noticed in the back part of the console from under the carpet was a couple wires with spades on them and a small light. There is a little pocket on the back of the console, so naturally I looked to see if it was a light for that but I couldnt see where it would connect to the pocket or a place for the other two wires either.
    Can anyone tell me what these wires might go to?

Thanks in advance

There is a small courtesy light at the back of the console for the rear ashtray. The socket for the bulb slides into a spot on the console underneath and would have two small male spade connectors. The wires plug into these - I don't think it matters which way you plug them in since the bulb will get power either way.
    -Geno

'87 325is (s52'd)
    '95 525iT
    '02 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
    '98 Disco 1

Comment

thanks Geno.
      thats exactly what i thought it we be. but couldnt see where the spdes would connect. i'll look again tonight.

Comment

You will see the same technique all over older BMWs. Basically, the bulb fits into a little holder and the socket clicks in.

Good luck, but be prepared to feel dumb when you get it. We all have done it, no big deal.

Welcome to R3V, post up some pics and make an intro thread!

Luke

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

The ashtray is a separate box with a lid that snaps into the hole in the console. The light plugs into it, not the console.

Comment

No, the light plugs into the ashtray holder, in the center console, that little amber circle is the lens for the light

Closing SOON!
            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Oh, never mind then, my bad.

Comment

Working...
              X