OEM Radio Switcharoo : P'n'P (LUKE!)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OEM Radio Switcharoo : P'n'P (LUKE!)?

Buddy has a vert with the OEM CD changer. I am free to grab it from his car to install in mine.

I understand the CD Changer will need the headunit.. matching.. Alpine vs Pioneer type stuff, 13 pine cable, etc.

Will these be plug and play? Simple as he takes my radio and I take his radio with CD changer?

Thanks.

Luke, help me!?
    ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

It would help to know what year cars you are talking about. If they are both late or both early cars, it should be easy, but if one is a late and one is an early, it's more complicated. Do both cars have a fader in the dash?

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
      It would help to know what year cars you are talking about. If they are both late or both early cars, it should be easy, but if one is a late and one is an early, it's more complicated. Do both cars have a fader in the dash?
      Andrews questions here are perfect....but the short answer is yes.

Take some pics as you pull the Changer cable, would ya?

GL!
      Luke

Closing SOON!
      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Donor is an 88. Mine is 89.

Buddy says, though, his tape deck is fried. Was using it.. and started smoking. So at least the head is going to be trash.. or could that smoke just be the drive belt braking? Is there a chance?

Otherwise, I will snag from the back of the radio all the way up to the CD Changer. Then I will be left to source an appropriate head.

If not, I am going to keep an eye on eBay for a vintage Nakamichi. My vert is to be the distinguished gentleman's car!
        Last edited by TimeMachinE30; 09-26-2014, 07:15 AM.
        ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
          Donor is an 88. Mine is 89.

Buddy says, though, his tape deck is fried. Was using it.. and started smoking. So at least the head is going to be trash.. or could that smoke just be the drive belt braking? Is there a chance?

Otherwise, I will snag from the back of the radio all the way up to the CD Changer. Then I will be left to source an appropriate head.

If not, I am going to keep an eye on eBay for a vintage Nakamichi. My vert is to be the distinguished gentleman's car!
          We are getting ready to hack up some stock decks.

We are going to b building and installing a Bluetooth system and making the stock deck have low-level outputs, a separate microphone and possibly a full 24/192 DAC, so for those into high-resolution audio, this will play uncompressed FLAC (etc) with full aptX compatibility.

So, if that stock deck is toast, hang onto it for now, we will be paying top dollar for cores.

Luke

Closing SOON!
          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Working...
          X