Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some help with replacing the stock amp

I posted this to the Radio Wiring and Amp Bypass thread with no luck:

Hello everyone, I have a 1988 325i Convertible with tweeters and a stock amp in the back. After installing a new head unit, the sound does not work past a certain (medium) volume due to the amp. I purchased a cheap 4 channel amp to replace the stock one instead of running new wires all around. When I cut the amp harness in the back, I noticed that there was only 16 wires. I do not know which ones belong to which speaker because this assortment of colors does not match any guides I have read. They are:

One that's all white (power?)
    One that's all brown (ground?)
    Black/White
    3x Black/Brown
    Grey/White
    Grey/Brown
    Red/Grey
    Red/White
    Yellow/Red
    Yellow/Black
    Blue/Black
    Blue/Brown
    Violet/Grey
    Violet/Black

Any help is highly appreciated, I have been trying to figure this out for a while.
    Thank you

First, unwrap some harness so you can tell which are pairs, that should help

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Thank you very much for replying, it kind of made my day. haha

I unwrapped the harness and did not find any pairs. What do you suggest I do from here?

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Comment

Working...
      X